I will be going to my first game this weekend...

HuskerMan

Well thanks to a fellow forum member I will be going to my first ever Nebraska game this weekend. Just want to ask some questions since this will be my first. How early should I plan on getting to the stadium to be able to have enough time to walk around, stand in line, but get to my seats before the tunnel walk? Since I have no parking pass where is the best place to try and find/get parking(I saw $5 parking for charity last week, is it going this week)? What entrance would be the best one for me to go in(North Stadium seats)? I am sitting in the North stadium I think pretty much at the top, row 92 I think it was. Does everybody recommend that I bring binoculars for when they are at the other end of the field or is the view still pretty decent without them? Any other tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I was in the North Stadium for LA Tech, expect to wait a while if you are going in at gate 14. It took me about 30 mins just to get through security, and then probably about another 10-15 mins to make my way through the people and to my seats, which were row 70 something. So expect to be there 40-45 mins minimum before the game. There is always something going on around the stadium to see so it's not a total waste if you are there at around 2 am! With all that being said I don't know if the crowd will be the same since it's Nichols state and not the first game. As for the binoculars, I didn't need them. Parking is not my thing, I just park where ever there is room. The main thing is to wear red and be loud. :woo

I park at around 15th and "O". Maybe 16th... just if you are coming off the interstate go south and take a left on "O" and on your right after a few blocks there is a parking structure that is only $5. On your walk from the parking garage there are a lot of places to eat and the NU Bookstore, where they record the pre-game show. What section are you in the north stadium? I entered through gate 12 and had no problem getting in, went very fast. Last week they opened 2 hours before kick off, but no need to be there that early. If you want to see the starting linesup I'd be there hour early for sure and if you are in your seat that early there is no way you'll miss the tunnel walk as that happens at most, 10 minutes before kick off. Also if you get there early go through the Trophy room. It is on the west side of the stadium... in there you can see all of our team and individual trophies and go through the Heisman room. Have fun at the game... it's defiantly heaven on earth :)

recommendation if you really want to experience the atmosphere:

forget the seats and go stand in the student section. it's so crazy over there and it forces you to get pumped up for every single play. I think I lost my voice last time within the first 10 minutes of the game.

sure it's crowded, it's loud, your feet hurt from standing the entire game and you can't see the other endzone very well...but it's friggin' awesome :thumbs

I agree...Husker game day in Lincoln is just as much about the atmosphere in Lincoln as the game...almost :) Get to Lincoln as early as you can to enjoy the people and Husker Red...walk around downtown and go to the bookstore for sure. Normally the stadium opens 90 minutes before kick off...we always go then to stake your claim on you little seat and enjoy the stadium as it fills up! We are in the front row by the 20 yard line so we have plenty of people to watch!!!

Have a great time!!!

Just got some seats for the Nicholls State game, Section 35 row 52. What kinda view, seats, can i expect. I'm guessing I'll have a crappy view of the new video board and limited view of half the field. Anyone have any insights. Photo's of what the view's gonna look like? I haven't been to memorial in about 3-4 years so I'm kinda in the dark. Thanks in advance.

Well thanks to a fellow forum member I will be going to my first ever Nebraska game this weekend. Just want to ask some questions since this will be my first. How early should I plan on getting to the stadium to be able to have enough time to walk around, stand in line, but get to my seats before the tunnel walk? Since I have no parking pass where is the best place to try and find/get parking(I saw $5 parking for charity last week, is it going this week)? What entrance would be the best one for me to go in(North Stadium seats)? I am sitting in the North stadium I think pretty much at the top, row 92 I think it was. Does everybody recommend that I bring binoculars for when they are at the other end of the field or is the view still pretty decent without them? Any other tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Man that's cool

Just got some seats for the Nicholls State game, Section 35 row 52. What kinda view, seats, can i expect. I'm guessing I'll have a crappy view of the new video board and limited view of half the field. Anyone have any insights. Photo's of what the view's gonna look like? I haven't been to memorial in about 3-4 years so I'm kinda in the dark. Thanks in advance.

You'll be in the north endzone about half way up, probably right behind the goalposts. You'll have your back to the new screen, but the view of the field should be excellent.

Check this link out for a stadium seating chart. Just click on the link that says Seating Charts on the left hand side of the screen.

ticket_link

I'm going to be sitting in the south endzone for the Texas game so I should be able to get a good view of the video board!!!! :) I haven't been to a game since 2000 so I'm not for sure where everything is at. However; I'm going to the alley before the game so I'm sure there will be plenty of people to tell me where the trophy room and weight room and all that is!!! I need some pictures for the photo album!!!! :thumbs

I will be going to this weeks game as well. I normally park by the Devaney Center, across the street I think, and it's pretty cheap there, though it's a long walk. I normally get there really early and go to Huskers Authentic. This year I will get there early to see all the new stuff, so that will be fun. So I would say 1.5 hours if you want to see the new end zone or anything.