Injuries and artificial turf

I just got back to my PC on Thurs. Was out of town and was able to see about halft the LaTech game on TV. When Fluellen got hurt the announcer made a comment about the artificial turf contributing to all the knee injuries at Nebraska. I believe the recent injury to Bowman wasn't even a contact; he just came down wrong on the turf. Is there any truth to the turf causing more than normal knee injuries?

The field turf does not cause more injuries than regular turf. When Hastings College was looking at field turf, Tom OSborne came down and showed a ton of research to back up the claim that field turf is safer on the joints than regular turf would be. He believed in this claim so much that he refused to donate money to his alma mater if they decided to not add field turf on their new field.

The field turf does not cause more injuries than regular turf. When Hastings College was looking at field turf, Tom OSborne came down and showed a ton of research to back up the claim that field turf is safer on the joints than regular turf would be. He believed in this claim so much that he refused to donate money to his alma mater if they decided to not add field turf on their new field.

if tom osborn says it's so, it must be so.

after all, the field has his good name one it!

I would think that would be better on your legs because on grass it gets much muddier and can cause more twisting in the knees if your cleats get caught. It is just one of those things the announcers say to have something to say... did you also hear before the game when the analyst said Marlon Lucky is shakey catching the ball out of the backfield!!! Do your homework... note to FSN, stop giving jobs to former players who are idiots.

Also on FSN's pre-season Big 12 preview an analyst picked ISU to win the Big 12 in a landside becasue 1) They have lost it the last two years on the final game.... WHAT?!?!? So they've lost it in a big game the last two years, and this for some reason shows they can win the division? Great logic buddy! 2) If the guy would look at the schedule he'd see that not only does ISU have a extremly tough schedule but also there defense is made of a ton of guys that played in high school last year. But I guess I am just some college student... I don't get paid a bunch of money to just throw out random ignorant comments. :rant

I just got back to my PC on Thurs. Was out of town and was able to see about halft the LaTech game on TV. When Fluellen got hurt the announcer made a comment about the artificial turf contributing to all the knee injuries at Nebraska. I believe the recent injury to Bowman wasn't even a contact; he just came down wrong on the turf. Is there any truth to the turf causing more than normal knee injuries?

I heard the same comments but they also added this new type turf is better when it's slightly damp because it makes it "stickier". The announcers said the makers recommend watering the field a couple of hours before a game (I assume to settle rubber dust stuff and to make it tacky). They went on to add the rain that fell that morning may have made the field to sticky. If I remember right, he stopped for some reason on a play and you could almost tell immediately he was going to have a knee injury.