Nebraska -34 1/2 favorite

husker3919

Bad bet to take. Callahan should try out different schemes and stuff, but rest his top-tier players once you have a decent lead. We KNOW you're gonna beat them, it's USC you should be concerned about.

Imagine what happens if you are up by 20, run Lucky on a HB pass to the weak side, and someone blows out his knee...bad things man.

You're gonna win. Get some reps, then play it safe.

34 1/2 isn't all that much. Once NU stops the option attack a few times, it will get ugly fast. I don't think the starters will play a ton, but I think the back ups will put up points as well. Hopefully it will be a good opportunity for the backups on D to get some reps.

Just don't be surprise if Nicholls has a couple of drives in the first quarter until the Blackshirts figure out how to defend the option. There isn't anyone on the scout team who is very good at running the option. So you figure it will take the D a little time to adjust. After that we should eat it up with eight or nine men in the box.

Bad bet to take. Callahan should try out different schemes and stuff, but rest his top-tier players once you have a decent lead. We KNOW you're gonna beat them, it's USC you should be concerned about.

Imagine what happens if you are up by 20, run Lucky on a HB pass to the weak side, and someone blows out his knee...bad things man.

You're gonna win. Get some reps, then play it safe.

I hate this argument. Look what happened to the Colts last year. Perfect record then they start resting all their starters for the playoffs. "Don't want any injuries in an unimportant game". That didn't turn out so well.

It's FOOTBALL, injuries happen. Whether you have a 20 point lead or a 20 point deficet, anyone can get hurt on any play, it's just the way it works.

But, if you keep some of our less experienced starters in with a big lead. I'm not saying Taylor needs to be in there, but we have a lot of starters that are still lacking gametime experience. The more they play, the more they will get comfortable. Yeah we can pull our starters midway through the 4th and let the 2nd/3rd stringers go in for mop-up duty. But, before that.. I don't think it's a good idea with so much inexperience in our starters, and going into a HUGE game next week.

I would take this bet. I think the Huskers could put up a 50 point victory over Nicholls State. With our dedication to run the football, the third and fourth quarters are going to be a lot of Jackson, Wilson, Glenn, and Lucky pounding the rock. They probally will have a couple of big gains and a couple of scores to extend the lead.

NS will move the ball on us. They will probably score on us against our backups. But we should be able to score on them at will. They are a lower division team that returns only three starters on defense. They return on defensive lineman, one defensive back and one linebacker. Even with our backups in we should roll up 600 to 700 yards and 60 + points.