Congdon

Spartness

It doesn't seem like he has improved his leg strength as he has said in summer camp. His kickoffs still seem to land around the 10-yard line. Inside 45 yards he should be very good, but I wouldn't be comfortable with him attempting FGs beyond 45-yards.

I couldn't agree more.

soak it up, that's probably the only time you'll be in agreement with anyone. :dumdum

It doesn't seem like he has improved his leg strength as he has said in summer camp. His kickoffs still seem to land around the 10-yard line. Inside 45 yards he should be very good, but I wouldn't be comfortable with him attempting FGs beyond 45-yards.

Before we go that route. Where is the opponents average starting yardline

Around the 25 yard line against non-talented teams.

Before we go that route. Where is the opponents average starting yardline

You're talking about LA Tech right? The team that beat Fresno State last year right? The Fresno State team that almost beat SC right? The SC team, that is depleated from last year, that will destroy the Huskers on Saturday right? Just checking.

The other thing to consider - with a touchback, there's no opportunity for a turnover on a good hit.

The odds of someone breaking one are not very good - doesn't happen that often. The odds of something back happening to the return team when they attempt to run it back are much higher.

It's sort of like the old Woody Hayes motto regarding passing. In this case, you have a chance to either pin them behind the twenty or cause a turnover. And the chances are better than them returning it.

Yes, thus far the special teams hasn't done the best job in coverage. True. Doesn't mean the strategy doesn't work.

Look at last year though. They did a great job in that respect.

Either a) you kick it out of the endzone and they can't return it, get it at the 20 or B) you try to pin them inside the 20 or 10 with a high kick and good coverage. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. But really the issue is, Nebraska in more recent history has always kicked it out of the endzone, thus that must be the best. Am I right, Benard?

Like a book I tel ya, like a book.