McKeon on USC

Anyone see McKeon on the news last night? He is hilarious and was cracking himself up. He talked about dreaming up a new 2-5 defense. He thought in the game he'll have 3 INTs, 10 solo tackles, a fumble recovery, and take three guys out of the game. Or at least that's how it played out on his video game. He said his sister lives in LA and said it isn't much different than Lincoln (as he cracked up).

He's not shy about putting bulletin board fodder out there.

They also asked him if they had anything to use as a element of suprise planned and he replied "Yeah we're gonna wear purple jerseys that will screw them up" Also when asked if he would get swept up in some of the celebrity stuff going on with people such as Will Ferrell on the sideline and McKeon said "Well you know I talked to Will and... (then he cracked up and continued) really it's no different than Nebraska, I mean we have Larry The Cable Guy, hell we can even put him in at Left Guard if we need..." :rollin This guy is hilarious! He also said some other funny stuff

LJS link

Here's some of it they put in the Lincoln Journal Star:

“I was actually thinking about if I was asked that question, if I should completely lie, and tell everyone that we’re doing this whole new defense,” McKeon said. “I actually thought of this new defense last night. It’s like a 2-5, but I don’t think anybody would believe me.

“I play the nose. We’re going to switch it up with speed on the D-line and put the big guys behind, just go for hard hits, try to take them out.”

And what about confusing USC quarterback John David Booty?

“That’s right,” McKeon said. “We’re going to wear purple jerseys … to confuse him.”

OK, seriously, have the Blackshirts indicated any potential weaknesses they hope to exploit?

“I don’t think I can answer that,” said McKeon, who followed with, “Yes,” and then winked and nodded.

If McKeon’s performance on the field Saturday night in Los Angeles is anything like his in front of the cameras, Nebraska should be OK.

Dude, I wish Jones and McKeon would just shut up.

Pete Carrol is a master motivator, and you can bet he's using these comments to fire up his troops.

I'd much rather that our guys take the meek, humble, "USC is a great program, we have to play our best to win" approach.

I'm sure some of you discount these comments as harmless, but I respectfully disagree. We should be relishing the underdog role, not acting like we are the favorites.