USC calling Husker fans "hicks"

There's no shaking the image either coast is going to have of those living in the midwest. The education system has failed them.

It's one thing when someone outside the Husker Nation makes fun of us... but it's much worse when it comes from one of our own.

Nah.. BIGRED fan was saying the image of US that the people living on the coasts have is nearly impossible to dispel.

There's no shaking the image either coast is going to have of those living in the midwest. The education system has failed them.

It's one thing when someone outside the Husker Nation makes fun of us... but it's much worse when it comes from one of our own.

Nah.. BIGRED fan was saying the image of US that the people living on the coasts have is nearly impossible to dispel.

I understand that... but read the post at the beginning of the thread... that was what I was talking about

I'm listening to Matt Perault right now and apparently, there's an L.A. Times article hammering Nebraska and fans. Although the person might have some good points about western Nebraska and pretty much every where except Lincoln and Omaha being fly over country and having no trees. But anyways, does anybody know of any USC message boards that I can invade and start running some smack??

Terry Conneally, Ryan Terwilliger, Chris Dishman, Brendan Holbein and myself are all from that fly-over country that you speak of in Western Nebraska. Funny how T.O. never flew over that country when he was recruiting.

Hey the people on the left and right coasts think all of us here in Texas ride horses, have ranches and carry six shooters and wear 10 gallon hats with oil wells in the front yard. For the record I don't own a gun, do have two cowboy hats but look stupid in both and live in an apartment with no oilwell in sight, although on a good day I can smell the fields in Luling 23 miles away. So there you have it. Everyone has a perception of a place until they actually go there and find out that 99 percent of the time their perception is wrong. Oh by the way not a big fan of riding horses either.

Hey the people on the left and right coasts think all of us here in Texas ride horses, have ranches and carry six shooters and wear 10 gallon hats with oil wells in the front yard. For the record I don't own a gun, do have two cowboy hats but look stupid in both and live in an apartment with no oilwell in sight, although on a good day I can smell the fields in Luling 23 miles away. So there you have it. Everyone has a perception of a place until they actually go there and find out that 99 percent of the time their perception is wrong. Oh by the way not a big fan of riding horses either.

I don't think the country thinks that Texas is a bunch of cowboys. I think the country just thinks that you are FAT. Thank you. :thumbs

I lived in SoCal (Fontana) my first 18 yrs. of life and let me tell you it's not all that great.............................. I moved to Nebraska and have been tied to the HUSKERS since I was a wee lad................if being loyal and juiced for one of the greatest football programs in CFB history is being a hick the so be it..... I'm a hick.

All this talk from Colon Cowturd about how midwest people esp. Nebraskans have nothing better to do than watch a game in Lincoln or be a HUSKERfan I call "bullsh#t" it's not out of boreddom I am a fan it is everything that HUSKER football and the program stand for...............hardwork, integrity, great history, the walk-on program, Devaney, Osborne, Sportsmanship..............the typical USC fan or even the stereotypical west coaster just can't understand it. The kids that get recruited here get a taste of the unexplainable feeling you get when you come to Lincoln on gameday............it's hard to explain it, but all you guys know what I am talking about.

Sure California has alot more attractions and beaches and better weather, but with that comes smog, traffic, crime, overcrowded schools and no Tom Osborne...lol. I love living in Nebraska and love the people in Nebraska.

In Summary, Colon Cowturd and go Fock himself.

I lived in SoCal (Fontana) my first 18 yrs. of life and let me tell you it's not all that great.............................. I moved to Nebraska and have been tied to the HUSKERS since I was a wee lad................if being loyal and juiced for one of the greatest football programs in CFB history is being a hick the so be it..... I'm a hick.

All this talk from Colon Cowturd about how midwest people esp. Nebraskans have nothing better to do than watch a game in Lincoln or be a HUSKERfan I call "bullsh#t" it's not out of boreddom I am a fan it is everything that HUSKER football and the program stand for...............hardwork, integrity, great history, the walk-on program, Devaney, Osborne, Sportsmanship..............the typical USC fan or even the stereotypical west coaster just can't understand it. The kids that get recruited here get a taste of the unexplainable feeling you get when you come to Lincoln on gameday............it's hard to explain it, but all you guys know what I am talking about.

Sure California has alot more attractions and beaches and better weather, but with that comes smog, traffic, crime, overcrowded schools and no Tom Osborne...lol. I love living in Nebraska and love the people in Nebraska.

In Summary, Colon Cowturd and go Fock himself.

Well said my man... when I am done with college in a semester I will be able to get a job anywhere in the country with about any program I want. I am a computer science / sports management major. But right now my choice is not to move to Florida or the upper east coast or west coast, but to hopefully work within the University. Sure I may not make as much money but there are so many more positives it would take quite awhile to get them all down. Life here is good and outsiders looking in don't see it, but once they experience it, it isn't that bad. Just look at Ricky Thenarse... he comes from LA and said Lincoln is a huge eye opener... but it is a good one... he said it's nice to walk down the street and hear someone say "hi" to you.

He means that the education system has failed the people on the coasts, not us in the midwest. I moved my family out of San Diego and back to Lincoln while I finish the last couple of years of my career in the Navy. Why?

Because my youngest son's teacher in 2002 told my wife that my son was "stupid." I guess this teacher also failed to remember that he had also suffered from scarlet fever and the high temperature had caused minor brain damage. Needless to say, once my wife and kids got settled back home (Lincoln) my youngest got the proper attention and is doing very well now. I will argue to this day that you can't beat the midwest when it comes to raising your family in a proper atmosphere.

On a side note: I have been to the Sandhills, now that's some great country out there. :thumbs

Oh and you also got to look at game attendance records, apparel sales and the lot....if you'll notice....MOST OF USC ARE BANDWAGON FANS.

Since their recent surge back into college football...more fans like them.

Nebraska fans are die-hard win or lose.

Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it.