Booty's comments and more

Nevertheless, Southern California didn’t put away Nebraska until putting together a long scoring drive midway through the final quarter. It was the Huskers’ first loss in three games this season and five dating to last season.

“Their defense was big and strong, and we had trouble in the passing game and running game,” Booty said. “A lot of teams will give up in the second half. It seemed like they kept fighting and weren’t going to call it quits, and made it tough on us sometimes.”

NU’s game plan was designed to neutralize USC’s defensive strengths, offensive coordinator Jay Norvell said.

Said Nebraska coach Bill Callahan: “We felt we were making dents.”

Rest of the article can be read here

While I agree the defense played pretty well, I found my self a bit disillusioned during the game because it seemed like we missed a fair share of tackles. It also seemed like everytime we got a hold of a USC ball carrier, they were able to gain a couple extra yards whereas our backs were stopped in their tracks.

With that said, I am still confident that we will be fine this year and I know I will have a lot of fun rooting this Husker team on!!!!!!!!!!

The missed tackles will most likely be fixed with some fundamental drills during practice this week. They just have to remember to hit and wrap the player up. If they just hit most guys aren't going to go down!!!

I seen one such "tackle". Our player (didn't catch the name or number) tried to hit the running back in the legs instead of wrapping up. USC's running back bounced off it and ran into the endzone for their last TD.