Toughness in Secondary

Glass

I wondered if anyone has any thoughts about how tough our secondary is as far as hitting ability.

I'm pretty sure Jarrett wasn't afraid to get hit by Grixby or Shanle, and I doubt that big kid Blythe from ISU will be afraid to catch passes over the middle against us.

I wish we had a guy like former NU player Mike Brown who could cover and also put the hurt on when he tackled people, make the receiver worry about the D-Backs pounding him play after play. Maybe we do and I just don't know who that player is.

Is it too much to ask to get tall, speedy, athletic, intimidating D-Backs?

I wish more of the defense had that "punishing" style. You either like to hit or you don't. Maybe I'm missing something about our secondary.

We do need some bigger defensive backs in our secondary. Overall we need to recruit better in this area. JC transfers are a great quick fix but we need a couple of studs to come in as freshmen. Then we need a couple of more for depth. We already have three DB's in our 2007 class. Hopefully one or more will be the real deal.

Blue is 5' 10"

Sullivan is 5' 11"

West is 6' 1"

From what I've read we also are in on several JC studs. We have a very good defense but not a great one. Until we step it up in the secondary we will continue to have a whole that good accurate QB's can attack. Bowman's loss exposed a huge weakness. We will be better next season though.