We are going to lose

So the team that had more mental mistakes, had more turnovers, averaged less yards per play, and needless to say scored less points is the better team? That seems pretty silly to me. We played probably the worst we could play and still won. Barrman played the best he is ever going to play for KU. I love how the NU fumbles were "caused" by KU but they KU turnovers were their mistakes and not caused by the Big Red. :wacko: This thread is pretty much the lamest thing that has been posted on this board in a long time.

Here is a what if since that card got played to make your arguement for KU better: What if the incomplete "pass" I mean lateral that McKeon picked up in the 2nd qtr was actually called correctly? The officials didn't make a single or blow their whistles until he had already made it to the freakin 50. There is 7 more points for the Big Red. But the what if's don't matter and 39 to 32 does so who cares.

EXACTAMUNDO!!!

And for the last time, A FAN CAN BE CRITICAL OF HIS TEAM!!!!!

You're right, a fan can be critical of his team, but you went beyond being "critical" you jumped ship as soon as things got tough, you are a terrible fan, please don't come to Lincoln, you'll be one to leave the stands before the game is over, we don't need that.

You're right, a fan can be critical of his team, but you went beyond being "critical" you jumped ship as soon as things got tough, you are a terrible fan, please don't come to Lincoln, you'll be one to leave the stands before the game is over, we don't need that.

Those my friend are usually the fans that starting rooting for the Huskers back in the hey days of the 90's! Hell I will be glad to take anyone's ticket if they want to up and leave, quit, on the Huskers!

Gee, I don't know what to say. Seeing as how I live in WA State, I may never make it to Lincoln. But it sounds like they'd stop me at the Memorial Stadium gates and tell me to leave. I guess I've got that Scarlet letter emblazoned on my forehead. You know, the one that reads, "terrible fan."

If you guys want to make this personal, I can do that. I can get into all the Kool-aid drinking BS that some fans spew. I can bring up the fact that too many think it's 1995, instead of 2006. I can bring up the fact that some folks are wearing scarlet-tinted glasses, and can't recognize the fact that this team is not as good as they think.

But I'll refrain. I'll be content in my love for the Huskers. I became "N" when I was eight years old, in 1984, watching some "Dr. Tom" guy go for two instead of the tie and a national championship. Gutsiest call I've ever seen, and I was hooked. At EIGHT YEARS OLD. Turner Gill was the closest thing to God, and those big farmboys on the O-line, damn.

But even with that love, I am terribly critical of my Huskers. I support BC, even though I didn't like the hiring. My stomach turns before each game. AND YES, I call 'em like I see 'em. We were getting beat, I believed (and still do) that KU was the better team, and yes, I thought we were going to lose. Props to the Huskers for somehow pulling out a game they likely should have lost.

But you can, with all due respect, take a flying leap if you think I'm a terrible fan because I thought we were going to lose the game. Good heavens, people..... Embrace reality.

:hmmm

There's a fine line between being a critic and being a douchebag.

Yeah, heaven forbid you actually believe the Huskers may actually be the lesser team and, *gasp!* actually lose a game!!

How is that Cherry Kool-Aid?

MOVED TO OFFENDING POSTS THREAD FOR VIOLATION OF BOARD RULES AGAINST PERSONAL ATTACKS.

I just got a chance to read this "choice" post by chuckd. What a beaut. :clap

Given the lawyer in me (yes, chuck, I am a lawyer, and I actually own my own house where I live with my wife and three kids - hard to believe, isn't it?), I feel the need to respond, but I will not.

I have obviously hit a nerve, to the point where childish name-calling is deemed necessary to put me back into my place for daring to question our team. I'll go on record as saying this is the SECOND time I have been critical of the team/coaching staff (the other being the SC game, and after watching WSU's gameplan against SC, I am still convinced BC's plan was wrong, but I digress), but obviously that is twice too many for chuck.

My sincerest apologies, chuck, for forcing you to resort to such mindless, childish blathering that I am sure is not indicative of your intelligence or maturity. Again, I am sorry. I'll never EVER say an untoward word about the Huskers.

PS - Frank? Solich? Huh?

Yeah, heaven forbid you actually believe the Huskers may actually be the lesser team and, *gasp!* actually lose a game!!

It's lather, rinse repeat with you. The team wins a big game, you get all high on the team. If they struggle or lose, they suck, they were outcoached, outplayed, Callahan can't do anything right, we need more 5 star recruits OMG!!!111 You spoke at lengths that the Troy game scared the crap out of you. They won 56-0.

If you have read any of my posts after the KU game, I have been critical of the team as well. Like I said before:

You go ahead and be Negative Nancy, I guess someone needs to fill that role. I choose to base my opinions upon facts, like, oh, I dunno, WE WON THE motherf'ng GAME. Survive and advance. It wasn't pretty, but we got through it. 1-0 in conference play, 2 big road games to get up for. If they win next week, it will be the first time since '00 that we won there. If we win at KSU, it would be the first time since '96. This team can definitely do that.

If you are referring to me being a fan that shows loyalty and support in times that are a little difficult, it's just dandy. It's awesome knowing that my seat in the south end zone and my voice joined in with 80,000 of my Husker brothers and sisters screaming like hell made a difference in that game. The team was down and limped in and needed our support to win. I was dazed as well, it was like getting hit with a sucker punch. Kansas hit us and we didn't expect it. Bottom line is 1-0 in the conference. Survive and advance. I'm not going to resort to calling you an :asshat , but you are starting to make me wonder. :dunno

It's lather, rinse repeat with you. The team wins a big game, you get all high on the team. If they struggle or lose, they suck, they were outcoached, outplayed, Callahan can't do anything right, we need more 5 star recruits OMG!!!111 You spoke at lengths that the Troy game scared the crap out of you. They won 56-0.

If you have read any of my posts after the KU game, I have been critical of the team as well. Like I said before:

You go ahead and be Negative Nancy, I guess someone needs to fill that role. I choose to base my opinions upon facts, like, oh, I dunno, WE WON THE motherf'ng GAME. Survive and advance. It wasn't pretty, but we got through it. 1-0 in conference play, 2 big road games to get up for. If they win next week, it will be the first time since '00 that we won there. If we win at KSU, it would be the first time since '96. This team can definitely do that.

If you are referring to me being a fan that shows loyalty and support in times that are a little difficult, it's just dandy. It's awesome knowing that my seat in the south end zone and my voice joined in with 80,000 of my Husker brothers and sisters screaming like hell made a difference in that game. The team was down and limped in and needed our support to win. I was dazed as well, it was like getting hit with a sucker punch. Kansas hit us and we didn't expect it. Bottom line is 1-0 in the conference. Survive and advance. I'm not going to resort to calling you an :asshat , but you are starting to make me wonder. :dunno

:yeah:worship