My take on the KSU Game after watching it

Our offense established the run early and stuck with it the entire game. I would have liked to seen a few more passes, but they were blitzing Taylor a ton tonight! Good tough runs by Jackson and Glenn. Lucky is our homerun threat and showed that again tonight! I did notice that Zack keyed on Purify too much tonight. Dunno if that was the plan, "throw it to Purify no matter what"...but it seemed he didn't do too many check down reads. Could of been the constant blitzing, but who knows.

Our Defense. They really CRUSHED the running game tonight! Cryer and Dagunduro/Suh were creating so much havoc in the middle that KSU had zero running game. I thought our defense got a little soft in the 2nd quarter on pressuring Freeman. Hats off to Cosgrove to FINALLY make second half adjustments!!! They blitzed Freeman over and over. Yes he had over 250 yards but with our secondary you are going to get that. Biggest thing was they didn't give up the long ball, kept everything in front of them, and tackled. I was also impressed with our DE's. They were literally smacking Freeman on every play. Wouldn't it have been fun to hear all the crap our DL was whispering to Freeman as they were planting him to the ground over and over? :bonez

Special teams. Am I the only one who holds his breath when Nunn catches a punt! Man the guy is good for one drop per game and he didn't let me down this week! I wish our coaches would teach him to let it go if you hear the footsteps. Our punting game was OUTSTANDING tonight! Putting KSU back deep on their side of the field was a major role in winning tonights game!

Anyways....good road win and good conference win. KSU is over and now it's time to gear up for a HUGE one next week! GBR!!! :thumbs

Our offense established the run early and stuck with it the entire game. I would have liked to seen a few more passes, but they were blitzing Taylor a ton tonight! Good tough runs by Jackson and Glenn. Lucky is our homerun threat and showed that again tonight! I did notice that Zack keyed on Purify too much tonight. Dunno if that was the plan, "throw it to Purify no matter what"...but it seemed he didn't do too many check down reads. Could of been the constant blitzing, but who knows.

Our Defense. They really CRUSHED the running game tonight! Cryer and Dagunduro/Suh were creating so much havoc in the middle that KSU had zero running game. I thought our defense got a little soft in the 2nd quarter on pressuring Freeman. Hats off to Cosgrove to FINALLY make second half adjustments!!! They blitzed Freeman over and over. Yes he had over 250 yards but with our secondary you are going to get that. Biggest thing was they didn't give up the long ball, kept everything in front of them, and tackled. I was also impressed with our DE's. They were literally smacking Freeman on every play. Wouldn't it have been fun to hear all the crap our DL was whispering to Freeman as they were planting him to the ground over and over? :bonez

Special teams. Am I the only one who holds his breath when Nunn catches a punt! Man the guy is good for one drop per game and he didn't let me down this week! I wish our coaches would teach him to let it go if you hear the footsteps. Our punting game was OUTSTANDING tonight! Putting KSU back deep on their side of the field was a major role in winning tonights game!

Anyways....good road win and good conference win. KSU is over and now it's time to gear up for a HUGE one next week! GBR!!! :thumbs

:thumbs Thanks gave me a good idea what the game looked like tonight until the vids are up (and I was listening to Jim Rose in between all the cut ins and outs).

I was very impressed with the win. Defense looked good for most part. I also was impressed with Freeman, though extremely inaccurate when throwing deep. I know it's probably unpopular to say this but man he's going to be a good one.

And I also can't watch Nunn on special teams.

Great win none the less. Let's take out texas now. GBR!

You can tell that Freeman is going to be good later on and I really hate saying that!!!! :bang Our defense looked great tonight some huge stops and I loved the pressure we put on Freeman all night long. He was on his back quite a few times!!!! Would have liked to seen a little more out of the offense but a W is a W!!!!