Black Out

Meh, student B****** shirts are on sale at the bookstore now to students only apparantly.

If that's the case, then it won't go over as well as predicted.

Thinking about it... I only own 2 black shirts (one I got and wore to a funeral, and my Under Armour that I wore when I played football). My wardrobe is primarily red.

Which was the initial idea, have the student section entirely black, the band is always white, and everyone else is always wearing red. And we're trying to get the bookstore to donate the rest of the t-shirts to people that didn't know and bought validated student tickets.

ok ok, so an all-stadium B****** would never happen but if its just the student section then why all the fuss?! its just for one game and EVERY other game is (or at lest Should Be) a Redout.

I'm all for Wear Red, Be Loud. it makes me sick seeing a tiny spot of Blue or other non-neutral colors in the Sea of Red. but the B****** is just for one game a year in the student section so I'm all for it.

not to mention, the players seemed to appreciate it last year vs ISU. in fact, it was McKeon who really plugged the idea in the first place.

“I’m telling everyone, spreading the word...Iowa State’s got a great offense. It’s our Big 12 Conference opener. Boom. We want a black out.”

last year it was informal and the student section came through, now this year Nebraska Bookstore is even getting in on the idea. Red is Tradition, but like it or not, last year's ISU game saw the birth of a new tradition for the student section.

I guess, I really don't get the point of just the student section having a "B******". Is just a section of students wearing nothing but black suppose to intimidate the other team or make our team play that much harder. I have never heard a player make a comment on how he played so much harder or he was so intimidated during a game because of what a small section was wearing during a game. If we are going to do a "B******" then lets do it right and have the whole stadium involved, but since that will never happen. Lets just stick to what works and wear all red.