KSU game plan

:bonez I personally thought we controlled the game but were too conservative. Billy C was calling the game like he's back in the NFL where killing the clock counts more than style points.

Point is, smoking a weak opponent like KSU = higher ranking. Our neocon play got us a #17 ranking, behind Smurf turf and Rutgers!!!!! This is ridiculous. Why in the world are we willing to throw the ball all over the place and have a great running game against Nicholls State and not against any team that matters?

I think as fans we should be concerned because based on what I've seen at SC and against KSU, we're in some serious trouble against Mizzou and the Horns, not because we don't have depth but because we are not giving our athlete a chance to compete.

First off, this could of went in one of the other twenty threads that talk about the play calling. Second, how much more would we have gained in the polls with a 35-3 victory as opposed to our 21-3 victory. Would being ranked 15 as opposed to 17 make you any happier. I am not for sure but I don't believe that any poll voter has a set amount that a team can jump because of a blowout victory. Look at Tech over the past several years. They would always blow out their opponents and the voters did not give them big jumps in the polls like some people are thinking the voters would do if Nebraska won big. I will give you the key secret that is involved in moving up the polls. WIN!!!!! If we win our games we will move up the polls and things will take care of themselves. Blowing out KSU and then losing to Texas gets us no where. Winning every game is what is needed to gain respect to the pollsters not blowing out sh**ty teams.

First off, this could of went in one of the other twenty threads that talk about the play calling. Second, how much more would we have gained in the polls with a 35-3 victory as opposed to our 21-3 victory. Would being ranked 15 as opposed to 17 make you any happier. I am not for sure but I don't believe that any poll voter has a set amount that a team can jump because of a blowout victory. Look at Tech over the past several years. They would always blow out their opponents and the voters did not give them big jumps in the polls like some people are thinking the voters would do if Nebraska won big. I will give you the key secret that is involved in moving up the polls. WIN!!!!! If we win our games we will move up the polls and things will take care of themselves. Blowing out KSU and then losing to Texas gets us no where. Winning every game is what is needed to gain respect to the pollsters not blowing out sh**ty teams.

I agree with your summation to a point. The fact still is that we're just as good as programs like Cal who have a similar record to us but are ranked higher because of WINNING IN STYLE and not just wins.

They also handled a good oregon team

Oregon is a joke. I live in Pac man country and I can tell you, most of Cal's coaches worked at oregon and recruited the same players including the QB. Cal knew exactly which plays were going to be called and a lil secret: Oregon's QB cant throw on the run, flush him out of the pocket and he's one dimensional. Cal and SC are the only teams out here that play good D and great offense. The rest ar just laughable as they couldn't beat an average SEC team

There also is one difference that some people fail to realize. They lost on their first weekend as opposed to us losing on the third weekend. They have had an extra two weeks to climb up the polls. Also, if you look at where they have been rated and how they have climbed after some of their victories, they are not getting the big six or eight spot jumps that some people think Nebraska would get if we were to blow out a KSU or ISU.

They started off at #9 and lost to Tenn. and fell to 22.

They then beat Minnesota 42-17 and raised ONE spot to 21.

The following week they beat Portland State 42-16 and stayed at 21.

They then beat #22 Arizona State 49-21 and moved up ONE spot to 20.

In week five they beat Oregon St. 41-13 and moved up to 16.

In week six they beat #11 Oregon 45-24 to move up to #10 in the polls.

Week seven they beat Washington St. 21-3 and dropped to 11.

So overall they have moved up 11 spots in six weeks. Their biggest jump was six spots after beating #11 Oregon. They are not getting much credit for blowout wins like people would like to think. All they are doing is winning and they have done that for six straight weeks. That is why they have moved up the polls plus they have beat a couple of ranked teams something that Nebraska has yet to do. Quit acting like we are victim to the polls because our scores our not overwhelming to the voters.

:bonez I personally thought we controlled the game but were too conservative. Billy C was calling the game like he's back in the NFL where killing the clock counts more than style points.

Point is, smoking a weak opponent like KSU = higher ranking. Our neocon play got us a #17 ranking, behind Smurf turf and Rutgers!!!!! This is ridiculous. Why in the world are we willing to throw the ball all over the place and have a great running game against Nicholls State and not against any team that matters?

I think as fans we should be concerned because based on what I've seen at SC and against KSU, we're in some serious trouble against Mizzou and the Horns, not because we don't have depth but because we are not giving our athlete a chance to compete.

I know what your saying, I'm a little frustrated myself, but not with the play calling, moreso the lineman.

But in the end, wins take care of themselves. We win and we move up.

There is also something to loose by continueing to run up the score. It also gives your apponent more to see on film. Right now I don't know that we've used much of the offensive play book. It looks like the Defensive schemes may be a bit offensive at times but overall thus far I think BC is doing okay.

Keep in mind that BC is fully aware that win or loose chances are we'll see Texas one more time. He may be hesitant to open up the play book knowing that he'll need a few more tricks up his very short sleeve in KC.

Congrats on the victory guys. Thanks to all the classy fans I saw at the game, and screw you to all the jerks I saw there as well. Every school has'em.

Also, I'd like to formerly apologize to the three huskers sitting behind me in section 13 row 16 seat 32. The guy sitting next to you is a dumb*** and isn't liked by anyone around him. He always shows up to the game by himself, and always tries too hard to make new friends. I guess he felt that by insulting you, he might make some new KSU friends. Also the guy on row 13 same section same seat is an idiot as well... He thinks he's funny and constantly has everyone around him rolling their eyes at his moronic quips.

Good luck the rest of the year, and I hope your LB that left the game with an injury is able to come back healthy.