My Final Thoughts

Ok, after venting my anger and replaying all the moments in my head, here are my final thoughts.

1. I do NOT blame Terrence Nunn or Bill Callahan for that fumble. The call was good the catch was good. I DO give credit to the UT defender for staying on the play and getting his hat on the ball.

2. We basically wasted one half with poor pass blocking. Much more could have been done if the line played like it did in the second half.

3. Props to our secondary. Sweed didn't have a monster day and the game was kept close.

4. Our special teams need to improve. Yes, we had a blocked PAT but Terrence letting the ball roll to the 2 was really bad. We've got to do better blocking on punt returns and returning punts/kickoffs.

5. Don't look ahead to Dec. 2. I want a rematch as much as anyone but we have Oklahoma State. The Mizzou game will decide the North. Texas A&M is going to be a tough envirioment. Don't let the Buffs let their offense come together against us.

6. We will take our agression out on Oklahoma State.

7. We coached/played to win. I think we can run with the big dogs.

8. Don't dwell on this loss. As soon as the clock strikes 12:00 AM, start focusing on Okie State.

I am excited from what I saw in the second half. I'm ready for a rematch.

Addict,

Those are valid points. But, let's play the what if game:

What if, the offense would have shown up for the first half like they did the second half?

What if, we would have made the 2 point conversion?

What if, we would have recovered a fumble or two?

What if, we shoulda, woulda, coulda, we could chat all night, but the bottom line, we still have work to do. We're getting better, but there's so much that we can improve upon. I agree whole heartedly, we can't look down the road to a rematch. They were a better team, period. They "should" have won by another 7, but 3 unlucky kicks, and they win only by 2. Let's focus on Okie State, take it one game at a time, not worry about the polls, and not get ahead of ourselves. Order is being restored, and we just have to pick ourselves back up and focus on the next game, not the next 5 games.

GBR!

We definitely need to just focus on the upcoming games. I am disappointed, but we still have a lot of games in front of us and could have an outstanding season. As the thread began, there are a lot of tough games still in front of us that require the team's full attention. Hopefully they will not dwell and be ready to take their aggression out on OK State.