bowl game opponent

On a side note, don't count on playing in the Cotton Bowl if OU or A&M wins 9 games. That is one bowl that doesn't care that we travel well. They have strong ties to the old Southwestern Conference (and love OU cause they play there every year against UT). And the Cotton has passed on us a few times ('98,'00,'03).

On a side note, don't count on playing in the Cotton Bowl if OU or A&M wins 9 games. That is one bowl that doesn't care that we travel well. They have strong ties to the old Southwestern Conference (and love OU cause they play there every year against UT). And the Cotton has passed on us a few times ('98,'00,'03).

I think the 03 team didn't earn a Cotton Bowl bid because that embarassing loss to KSU at home left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. OSU ended up going in our place. OU and KSU got BCS bowls, UT ended up in the Holiday Bowl. You'd figure that the Cotton Bowl would have taken UT had they had the chance. I am not sure how it all works out, but I think there is something in place where if the division champ is in the top 3 records of the conference, they will go to the Cotton Bowl. Last year, CU was not, thats why they fell to the Champs(Chumps) bowl. I think if NU and A&M end up with the same record, they will choose A&M over us. I think you are right there. I guess I am crossing my fingers, because I'd like to go :)

1. Florida State, we need closure from that 94 Orange Bowl. damn missed field goal, oh the irony.

2. LSU. They've killed us in recruiting, and we need to take down the SEC.

3. Notre Dame. It would be interesting to see mark may and lou holtz spin this one after a severe beat down provided by the Huskers.

4. Oregon. See LSU, minus the SEC.

5. Cal. See Oregon.