This Game Hurts Worse the Tech 2 Years Ago

foote_21

The Tech beating we took two years ago hurt, but today was something else. We are supposed to be getting over the hump and I can take loses to better teams like USC and Texas, but today was unexcusable. The coaches have great games plans leading into games, we get off to great starts in every game, but it's evident that we do not adjust. The players can only do so much and yes they did miss tackles and assignments, but the coaching staff must also put them in better positions to make players... I have always back Coz and the rest of the defense, but he is starting to lose my trust quickly this year. We are taking steps foward, but also there are too many steps back in the process.

Yeah, every loss hurts man. Thats what happens in college football. We are a good team, but we are not there yet. I like Cally and all, but if he dosent get the ball rolling in a couple of years he might be out of a job. He's a great coach, but he coaches one of the greatest programs in college history. Plus the fans are impatient. GBR!

Yes, I agree this game is comparable and could argue it hurt worse. Sure, Tx Tech destroyed us that game but everyone knew Tx Tech could bust out like that and we were never in that game. Plus, we already had the cruddy loss earlier vs. So. Miss. that year in Lincoln.

Here in today's game we were up 16-0 and then fell apart. Plus, this happens the week after we barely lose to the defending national champions so expectations are high.

To put it in perspective, I don't think ANYONE in the contest crib picked OSU. People picked Tx Tech to win in '04. This loss hurt and it is only because Mizzou lost that we have hope.

Let's put this behind us and win out! :box

I don't know Tech was really bad. Caught a lot of crap for that one. But we brought some of the embarrassment on ourselves for the tech game. When down by 40 or 50 points we just kept throwing the ball and giving them the short field to run a play or 2 and score all so we could turn the ball over again and let the vicious cycle start over again.

I still have nightmares about that game.