Cosgrove

Give it time. We see some improvement each week. Coz can only do so much with what hes got. He calls a blitz when they are 3rd and goal and that's worked in other games just great. They just happened to block very well on that play and we all know what happened. The first quarter was lights out for the defence. Then every thing fell apart. That last TD just before the half was the game changer. Teams know they can throw deep on us, and we can't blitz every down. There is help coming for the db's next year, and one more good recruiting year should bolster that position. I still think with 2 more recruiting classes we will see what we are all waiting for. All the pieces are not in place yet.

GBR!!!

Indeed, Pelini would bring out the best in players.

:yeah

I still wish we had pelini

I don't.

For the record, I was never a Cosgrove fan. He's been suspect since his days at Wisconsin.

k, bud. We'll make sure to give you all the credit if need be. ;)

eh, it could be blamed on the play calling...but a lot of it was just people not being able to get by the blockers. And that's just the players' fault. We weren't blown away by certain plays...we were just beat. The defense shut down second half after that crazy second quarter drive OSU had.

This is all vague...but I remember one specific play (in which I was screaming at the TV)...where a Husker defender was watching the wrong guy while the QB ran right by him on an option. It was almost as if he didn't see who had the ball, and just was concentrating on his man coverage. The guy ran right past him!! I almost thought he was trying to prevent the pitch to the guy in the backfield, but instead the QB went up for about 10 yards!! It just amazed me why he didn't go after the guy with the ball!!

I'll have to watch the play again and maybe point it out.

Although I'm not one of those fans who can name plays/formations and thinks he knows what should be called and when....it still comes down to the players. I'm sure the plays work, but they're the ones who are supposed to make it work. There were so many times we were marked man to man and they still made the passes. There were so many times we could anticipate the run, and they still ran right around us.

The defense just got beat. And it hurts. Because....

WHO THE F@#% ARE OSU?!?!?!!

ugh, the Big XII seems to be so flakey these last few years. Teams win games shouldn't, and lose games they shouldn't. Crazy.

I don't remember the specific play you are referring to there, but you just described why, when it's properly executed, the option is nearly impossible to defend. The first guy there has no idea what to do, either way he's screwed. If he goes to the QB, the QB pitches. If he goes for the RB, the QB keeps it. There's a reason we ran that for so many years as it can be quite effective.

As far as your last statement, that's football. It's not anything unique to the Big XII.

I don't remember the specific play you are referring to there, but you just described why, when it's properly executed, the option is nearly impossible to defend. The first guy there has no idea what to do, either way he's screwed. If he goes to the QB, the QB pitches. If he goes for the RB, the QB keeps it. There's a reason we ran that for so many years as it can be quite effective.

As far as your last statement, that's football. It's not anything unique to the Big XII.

Most any well designed play should be hard to defend if properly executed.

BC probably wont fire him. I can't blame this loss entirely on the defense. With out the turnovers we they got for us it would have been uglier than it was. This is a game we should have been able to win but didn't. We ran into a team wanting a big win and we were playing with a team that still had their heads on the texas game.

You are right, often in sports it comes down to who wants it more. You could also say "needing a big win", OSU had to have this game if they were to have a chance at a bowl game.

Most any well designed play should be hard to defend if properly executed.

That's true, but I still believe the option adds a whole additional level of frustration for opposing defenses. Most of the time you know exactly what's coming, and still aren't be able to stop it. With that said, don't interpret that as me advocating a return to the option offense, it's time has clearly come and gone. I'm just fascinated by it, that's all.

Indeed, Pelini would bring out the best in players.

:yeah

I still wish we had pelini

I don't.

For the record, I was never a Cosgrove fan. He's been suspect since his days at Wisconsin.

k, bud. We'll make sure to give you all the credit if need be. ;)

It just seems that you are TOO positive about this coaching staff.

A little bit too much kool-aid you drink. <_<

Since yesterday, I don't think I have posted anything that would be considered positive. Other than the only guys that had a good game are Jackson and Purify.

But, I am not going apologize for thinking firing coaches after a loss that really changes nothing with regard to getting to KC, is dumb and irrational.

Since yesterday, I don't think I have posted anything that would be considered positive. Other than the only guys that had a good game are Jackson and Purify.

But, I am not going apologize for thinking firing coaches after a loss that really changes nothing with regard to getting to KC, is dumb and irrational.

I don't think firing coaches after a loss really changes anything either. But firing a coach because he is not getting the job done and just doing a plain sucky job for the past 3 years is sufficient enough why he should be gone.