We will get owned by Fizzou if.......

The team plays soft zone and there is no push by Carriker and co., it will be a replay of KSU when they spanked us in Lincoln..........plus they run that off tackle misdirection play with the halfback out of shot gun similar to Okie state, Oklahoma was able to shut it down and make Daniels beat them with his arm we must do the same.

It's very important for us to stop the run. OU was able to shut down MU's rushing early on and forced them to become one dimensional (3 carrys for 4 yards in the 2nd half). When they did that, OU was able to pressure Daniel. MU likes to use that spread offense but OU was able to get to the QB with just a 3 man rush on numerous ocassions. We also have to watch for MU using that hurry up offense. They used it against OU pretty effectively a few times and it wasn't until Stoops gave the refs an earful about not standing over the ball longer so his players could get to the line and setup that MU quit using it. Our D has to be aware and ready for that so we're not caught off guard.

Huskerextra.com reports Tony Temple dislocated his left shoulder during that game. Pinkel said he "slightly" dislocated his shoulder and expects him to play against us Saturday. He also had shoulder surgery earlier this year which is why he missed spring practice. Other injuries from Saturday's game:

Safety William Moore (concussion) expected to play

Wide Receiver Brad Ekwerewku (knee sprain) expected to play

Cornerback Domonique Johnson (knee sprain) might return

We on the other hand must establish the run. MU's defense has been very porous against the run this year allowing their opponents to gain 214yd per game on average.

***SNIP***

We on the other hand must establish the run. MU's defense has been very porous against the run this year allowing their opponents to gain 214yd per game on average.

Agreed. I think that this is a team tailor-made for us to run against. Their defense is not large - we should be able to keep it between the tackles and rack up yardage. And that also means we keep their offense off the field.

This is one of those games when I'd prefer that the Huskers, if they win, come out on offense first. A long, grinding drive for a touchdown would set the tone perfectly, and ensure that we aren't having to play from behind at all.

This is one of those games when I'd prefer that the Huskers, if they win, come out on offense first. A long, grinding drive for a touchdown would set the tone perfectly, and ensure that we aren't having to play from behind at all.

Good point. If Mizzou comes out and puts up 7 right away, that could be deflating. On the other hand, if we come out and run 10 times for 80 yards and a TD, and eat up about 8 minutes, that would be huge.

Good point. If Mizzou comes out and puts up 7 right away, that could be deflating. On the other hand, if we come out and run 10 times for 80 yards and a TD, and eat up about 8 minutes, that would be huge.

Let the tigers get the ball first, shut them down and then score on them. As long as we can run on them for four quarters we win.

Stoping the pass is going to be a tough test. Our secondary is good enough to do it. I was watching the OU game and they were breaking through the offensive line pretty easily. If we put presure on Daniels, and play 4 quarters of football like every other team, we will not be beaten. I also think that the team that scores the most should win the game IMO. :hmmm

Stoping the pass is going to be a tough test. Our secondary is good enough to do it. I was watching the OU game and they were breaking through the offensive line pretty easily. If we put presure on Daniels, and play 4 quarters of football like every other team, we will not be beaten. I also think that the team that scores the most should win the game IMO. :hmmm

You sure about that!!!! ;)

Agreed. I think that this is a team tailor-made for us to run against. Their defense is not large - we should be able to keep it between the tackles and rack up yardage. And that also means we keep their offense off the field.

Great points AR and I couldn't agree with you more. We should definately see Jackson and company putting up some huge numbers against this defense. We need to keep their offense of the field as much as possible and this is where we should just come out with smash mouth football and run it right up the gut and wear their defense down.........