TIME TO DUMP THE WEST COAST OFFENSE?!

Blackshirt

• 2 weeks later...

Bernie - Then go watch Rice, or any of the Military Academies if you want a return to watching Option football.  If we're so un-exciting, why do you continue to call yourself a fan of NU?  Go ahead and jump off the bandwagon.

Please don't start that stuff. I will always be a Husker fan. I didn't tell you to quit being a husker fan while you were bashing Solich the last couple of years. I like the option and any time a team is playing that does I usually watch it. By the way Rice is starting to do pretty well with that Option. I predict in a couple of years they could be really tough.

I got to admit I haven't been as involved in the games as much as I used to. I can't figure out if it's because the games the themselves are or the opponent or the offense, I don't know

QUOTE (husker-stv @ Sep 28 2004, 01:50 PM)

Bernie - Then go watch Rice, or any of the Military Academies if you want a return to watching Option football.  If we're so un-exciting, why do you continue to call yourself a fan of NU?  Go ahead and jump off the bandwagon. 

By the way let's not pull this crap out. Reminds me of someone saying don't say nothing bad about the USA, don't use you speech rights. Bernard was just making a point.

Bernie - Then go watch Rice, or any of the Military Academies if you want a return to watching Option football.  If we're so un-exciting, why do you continue to call yourself a fan of NU?   Go ahead and jump off the bandwagon.

Please don't start that stuff. I will always be a Husker fan. I didn't tell you to quit being a husker fan while you were bashing Solich the last couple of years. I like the option and any time a team is playing that does I usually watch it. By the way Rice is starting to do pretty well with that Option. I predict in a couple of years they could be really tough.

I never bashed Solich. I actually supported us keeping him another year. But I, unlike many, have moved on and decided to support the new regime. Do I like how Steve Pederson handled it? No way, but Solich had my full support, and now, so does Callahan.

And Rice has been running the option for a very long time, and they have sucked for a very long time.

Sorry I implied you weren't a good fan - that was out of line of me, but I'm just sick of all the negative comments on just about every subject that comes up. Try to be hopeful once in a while.

Bernie - Then go watch Rice, or any of the Military Academies if you want a return to watching Option football.  If we're so un-exciting, why do you continue to call yourself a fan of NU?   Go ahead and jump off the bandwagon.

I never bashed Solich. I actually supported us keeping him another year. But I, unlike many, have moved on and decided to support the new regime. Do I like how Steve Pederson handled it? No way, but Solich had my full support, and now, so does Callahan.

And Rice has been running the option for a very long time, and they have sucked for a very long time.

Sorry I implied you weren't a good fan - that was out of line of me, but I'm just sick of all the negative comments on just about every subject that comes up. Try to be hopeful once in a while.

Sorry I seem somewhat negative but to be honest it's because I am somewhat negative of the program right now. I don't like how things turned out. Will I change? I dunno I don't see it in the future. I love the huskers and the players but as far as the system and coaches? THey haven't grown on me. I do say many positive things however.

I am with you Bernard, I loved watching the option and I am not a big fan of the three yard pass. I think that a bunch of people are hypnotised by all the motion and shifting (that does no good) before the play, that they fail to realize that we had more break away runs last year than we have 20+ yard receptions so far this year. Now people, don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we are bring the foward pass into our offense, but I think that we need throw the ball down field a little bit more so that it actually does open up our running game. Any defense can leave their three linebackers close to the line and still defend a completed three yard pass and still contend against the run. We need to throw down field so that teams are putting in there nickel back when we go three wide.