A Mizzou fan needs your opinion...

Average coach so far. He's able to coach his team to a few big wins each season but can't finish the season strong. His best finish so far at MU has been 8-5 in 03 (4-4 in Big 12 play in 03 and 05) with an overall record of 29-30 prior to this year. He's yet to have a season over the .500 mark. IMO he's fast becoming the next Mack Brown; able to recruit and can coach but that ever elusivel Big 12 Title is always out of reach.

But if you look at his record at Toledo, it took him a few years to really come on strong. I think he and MU are on the cusp of having a great season and possibly finally seeing the Big 12 North/Conference title come their way. Chase is a good QB and him only being a Soph is definitely in MU's favor.

Average coach so far. He's able to coach his team to a few big wins each season but can't finish the season strong. His best finish so far at MU has been 8-5 in 03 (4-4 in Big 12 play in 03 and 05) with an overall record of 29-30 prior to this year. He's yet to have a season over the .500 mark. IMO he's fast becoming the next Mack Brown; able to recruit and can coach but that ever elusivel Big 12 Title is always out of reach.

But if you look at his record at Toledo, it took him a few years to really come on strong. I think he and MU are on the cusp of having a great season and possibly finally seeing the Big 12 North/Conference title come their way. Chase is a good QB and him only being a Soph is definitely in MU's favor.

Thanks for the opinions so far, some fans that post on www.stltoday.com are complaining and I am trying to covince them that Mizzou has been a graveyard for coaches and football talent and that it will take time to build, they think that a Lou Holtz type coach would want to come here, I think that they are crazy....

Its hard to say, I say hes an average coach hes got a good team this year which makes him look like a great coach but thats the talant on the team not the coaching if he can get some more good recruits in and keep the team up then he may be a better coach then one might think.

Hard to say - part of the issue is that he is essentally having to build the program. At the same time, what he did with Brad Smith in Smith's junior year (make him a pocket passer) has to make you wonder...

That confused me as well. He had a great player in Smith but limited his abilities. If he had coached keeping Smith's talent in mind, MU could have had a great season.

Then again he did rip us a new one last year <_<

What has happened to Mizzou under Pinkle seems to be happens when most mid-major coaches move up to the BSC conferences. By and large, there are exceptions, the guys look great in the midlevel conferences but end up being average in the BCS conferences.

He has had games where he looked brilliant, and will turn around and have a game that looked like a high school coach was in charge. I would put it this way. I would not want him running the NU program, nor would I want NU to hire a mid-major head coach to take over. I have always felt the better way to go was to take a great assistant from a peranial nation title contender.

As an outsider looking in, what is your opinion of Gary Pinkel as head coach of Mizzou?

Good Coach?

Bad Coach?

Thanks......

A bit biased, are ye, laddy? Everyone else besides the Mizzousier fans knows he's a sh**ty coach. He just recently got off of the Five Worst Coaches list. Where have you been hiding, Missouri?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...lbag/index.html

As an outsider looking in, what is your opinion of Gary Pinkel as head coach of Mizzou?

Good Coach?

Bad Coach?

Thanks......

A bit biased, are ye, laddy? Everyone else besides the Mizzousier fans knows he's a sh**ty coach. He just recently got off of the Five Worst Coaches list. Where have you been hiding, Missouri?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...lbag/index.html

Ya the whole Brad Smith experiment bit him in tyhe arse.........has had good recievers and great tight end pretty much ignored under the smith regime and now being further utilized under Daniel's

He's a lot like Bill Callahan. It's a jeckyl and hyde team. You never know exactly what you're going to get. You're either going to get their best or their worst. When they're at their best, they can beat anyone. When they're at their worst, they couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. Quite frankly, I'd bet with the Big 12 North he's either the first or second coach to go.

He's a lot like Bill Callahan. It's a jeckyl and hyde team. You never know exactly what you're going to get. You're either going to get their best or their worst. When they're at their best, they can beat anyone. When they're at their worst, they couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. Quite frankly, I'd bet with the Big 12 North he's either the first or second coach to go.

While I do believe he is a bit hit and miss...I give him more credit then most do on this post. The no huddle offense implemented last year against us was brilliant.