Millard North WR commits to ND???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Justin Wegener

From the Omaha World Herald:

Some wild news was received today at the office of Fred Petito late Wednesday afternoon. Charlie Weis was on the other line with a scholarship offer for Millard North wide receiver Justin Wegener. It was no surprise to coach Petito, who says Wegener has "just pure talent".

"Justin is just a plain player. He has the height, the speed, and the hands to be a major college receiver.", said coach Petito.

A 6-5, 180 pound senior, Wegener has been virtually under the radar as far as local college recruiting goes. With only small interest from local division 2 schools, Wegener himself was very surprised of this offer.

"I really had no idea that they were interested in me. I have always been a huge fan of Notre Dame, so I guess this is just like a dream come true,"

said an excited Wegener.

On the year, Justin has one touchdown but is averaging over 30 yards per catch in Millard Norths rushing attack. Perhaps this secret weapon will be unveiled Friday night when the mighty Mustangs take on Lincoln SouthWest at Lyle Buell Stadium.

-Stu Pospisil