Thomas Lawson involved in fatal car accident

Urk

lawson wasn't drunk and there was not a flat tire...he just plain fell asleep at the wheel and crossed the median and hit the car head on. My roomates dad was one of the firemen at the service and at the scene... pretty sad story....god bless the family and friends

• 4 weeks later...

got to be more to it than just falling asleep at the wheel if they are charging him for the accident

Not necessarily. I could be wrong but I believe they charge when someone is neglegent. Falling asleep may be some thing they consider as neglegent.

Just a reminder. Many of us will be traveling during the holidays, more cars on the road, more family reunions with relatives telling of stories that happened decades before you were born..............this can put any of us to sleep. Everyone be careful we wouldn't want to miss any of your posts after we beat Auburn. Auto accidents are the number one cause of accidental death in the US each year so be careful.

got to be more to it than just falling asleep at the wheel if they are charging him for the accident

That's upsetting.

My big Brother (Rob) was killed during Labor Day weekend after my 1st week at UNL.

His Fiance had fallen asleep about 30 miles from Denver (their home) the night after He and I shingled our Parents' roof in Holdrege.

I remember feeling upset that they were going after her so hard for falling asleep..Kick 'em when they're down. :hellloooo

Didn't something very similar happen last year or the year before? I can't remember the exact details...but some football player was driving home for Thanksgiving or something straight through the night and fell asleep....NU player I think, yeah?

Please someone refresh me on the story?

There was a Female Olympic Wrestler that killed her Fiance when her Jeep overturned in Colorado a few weeks after the Olympics.

Her Fiance was My Niece's Husband's Best Friend. They Wrestled together in High School in Iowa and at ASU.

I was able to get her in touch with my Brother's old Fiance for some mutual healing.