worst safety ever

the grange

nah...lets just say hes the worst safety ever. hey shanle....turn around when the ball is in the air. he should have intercepted that sh#t. oh my god...i cant believe this. hes so bad.

I don't think he is the worst ever. Why can't you be happy with a win? Have you ever covered a receiver when the ball is in the air. I only played D III, but I can tell you when you are running and covering the receiver it is hard to know when the ball is thrown and when to turn around. Sure, you can here the players calling the ball on the sideline, but on the field you can't hear the sound picked up from the sideline microphones. Just realize this is a game, and life will start over tomorrow. Oh, don't forget , we won the game. Quit complaining and enjoy!

Yeah, we won the game, but we may not have had to come back if he makes better plays. 3 obvious plays that stand out to me are Goodson's long run, 47 yards I believe, where he missed the tackle. McGee's long option run for a td, 57 yards i believe, where he took a horrible persuit angle, kind of gave up and made a weak dive at the ankles of the qb. Hopefully the safety has better wheels than the qb and can take the proper persuit angle and run him down in 20 or 30 yards. Lastly, the rb pass. Not only did he not even look for the ball when it was in the air, but when the receiver caught it, he just stood there and watched his teammate tackle the guy. The corner had decent coverage and the safety should have came over looking for the ball and a pick. It was a poorly thrown ball. i would just as well have one of the young guys out there watching the receiver come down with the ball and his teammates tackle him. At least next year we will have a safety w/ a little experience and something to build off of.

And the Dr. Phil Award goes to huskerpt34 :dumdum

Could care less what someone living 1500 miles from me thinks about me. :laughpound Just thought some people could use a little perspective on the situation. Everyone on the team makes bad plays.

They also have bad games too. I wonder what these guys were saying about Shanle when he had two interceptions in a game. I cant remember against who though for some reason. But, Shanle needs to tackle more instead of going for the strip every time. He is a good saftey but needs to work on his mechanics. :bonez

nah...lets just say hes the worst safety ever. hey shanle....turn around when the ball is in the air. he should have intercepted that sh#t. oh my god...i cant believe this. hes so bad.

No one turns around. Seems like they're coached that way.

until they get to the NFL...maybe a one-step-at-a-time coaching technique? i don't know, but it drives me crazy the way our dbs defend.......

Listen, I agree that our dback play has been shoddy at times this year, but this kind of play is going around all across the nation. Many of the better athletes are Wide Receivers who are incredibly gifted. And to say that our dbacks are the worst is way over blown. Even the best have crappy days. The Texas dbacks last night were horrendous. Do I wish ours would be better playmakers? Of course. Do I wish they could support our run defense more by making some tackles? Sure. We have become very used to having some absolutely wonderful safeties the past 10-15 years. We can't have Mike Browns or Mike Minters or Bullocks brothers every year. I know we would like that, but it just doesn't happen all the time. We will get better.

And the Dr. Phil Award goes to huskerpt34 :dumdum

Could care less what someone living 1500 miles from me thinks about me. :laughpound Just thought some people could use a little perspective on the situation. Everyone on the team makes bad plays.

They also have bad games too. I wonder what these guys were saying about Shanle when he had two interceptions in a game. I cant remember against who though for some reason. But, Shanle needs to tackle more instead of going for the strip every time. He is a good saftey but needs to work on his mechanics. :bonez

It was KU. I guess the 1 good game negates the 3 or 4 bad games he had.

I just want a safety that can tackle. A safety that can do his job. He is the last line of defense and is the one responsible for making the td saving tackle.