Shanle, Green, Grixby, and Jones

jb61264

Has anyone else noticed that these four backs play every single down? They have to get tired. Furthermore CG is asked to return punts too. Bo Ruud makes one run (int vs Mo) and he is gassed and needs oxygen. These guys are asked to play every down. Is that why our second half sucks usually?

While we're on the secondaries...

Can someone please tell these guys to NEVER EVER attempt to strip the ball. Just make the @#$%#$% $#@%#$ tackle. Shanle gave up that huge run to Goodsen because he was trying for a strip. There was another time in this game where we gave up an extra 10 to 15 yards because of an attempted strip instead of just wrapping up.

Let me yell this from the roof top

WRAP UP. FORGET THE STRIP. MAKE THE TACKLE.

Now if everyone repeats that from their roof tops maybe Shanle and others will hear and will stop trying to strip the ball.

How often does a strip work anyway? Once every 10 attempts? Not worth it.

Make the tackle.

shanlel is absolutely pathetic. the rest are mediocre. im releived though. it shouldn't have went down like that.

I have said this all year long that Shanlel sucks. How he has a Div 1 schollie and starts

is f'ing amazing. Coz better wake up and sit his ass before he really costs us a game.

On that running back pass where in the hell was he running to. He was f'ing lost!!!!

Damn it Im pissed off again.

Shanle makes Blake Tiedtke look like an All-American. What is the worst possible thing that can happen if we put Culbert back there in Shanle's place - out of position? Missed tackles? Getting beat on a deep pattern? Taking wrong angles? Crap - those things are happening now with someone who has half the athletic ability to overcompensate. Shanle has to go; I swear that Tierre looks bad at times trying to make up for Shanle's errors. Bring on the freshmen and let them learn on the job. This is MY SINGLE BIGGEST COMPLAINT OF BUSCH, COSGROVE, AND ELMO - they play the older guys and never give the young guys an opportunity to learn. In the words of William Devane in Bad News Bears Breaking Training... "LET THEM PLAY!!!"

I think the list from best to worst goes like this:

Green

Jones

Grixby

Shanle

On that HB pass, the receiver was double covered and Shanle and Grixby didn't even look back for the ball. God it was pathetic, along with the tackling on that one play where the RB bust the long run.

I don't think I'd put Green up that high.
I think the list from best to worst goes like this:

Green

Jones

Grixby

Shanle

On that HB pass, the receiver was double covered and Shanle and Grixby didn't even look back for the ball. God it was pathetic, along with the tackling on that one play where the RB bust the long run.

I don't think I'd put Green up that high.

Well they all suck, but I had to put him somewhere. He was the only guy yesterday who didn't get burned on a pass play or make a tackling mistake. Jones got burned in the first quarter on that one long pass play.

I think we would all be amazed if we had a decent safety in place of Shanle. Think about it - one weak link back there makes everyone look bad. If Green could cover his space and not worry about Shanle screwing up, he and the corners could afford to play more aggressively and probably better overall. Please put Culbert in.