Callahan and his nervous twitch

jb61264

Hey guys...... I have been reading, but not posting for a while.... now that my high school football season is over, I am ecxited to get back to the Husker chat...

Just my opinion on this.....

My wife has noticed this, especially yesterday, and she was asking..

I have coached for 12 years now, and I catch myself doing similar things with my mouth.... I whistle a ton during the game to get players attention... I very freaquently, open my mouth to release "tension".... my jaws and face become tense during games, and this just "stretches" the joints and helps prevent head aches...

Now, I am not saying my coaching is on the same level as BC, but I honestly do the same thing... maybe we are both mentally impaired :)

It seems like all the coaches have some sort of "thing" they do. Whether it was TO chewing his gum, Holtz picking grass, to BC whistling. If I was major college football coach I am sure I would be convulsing on the field after a while.....

I think Chase Daniels picks his nose when he gets nervous.

I thought I heard a rumor that Iowa State cheerleaders Graze on the sidelines during tense moments.

Hey guys...... I have been reading, but not posting for a while.... now that my high school football season is over, I am ecxited to get back to the Husker chat...

Just my opinion on this.....

My wife has noticed this, especially yesterday, and she was asking..

I have coached for 12 years now, and I catch myself doing similar things with my mouth.... I whistle a ton during the game to get players attention... I very freaquently, open my mouth to release "tension".... my jaws and face become tense during games, and this just "stretches" the joints and helps prevent head aches...

Now, I am not saying my coaching is on the same level as BC, but I honestly do the same thing... maybe we are both mentally impaired :)

I wonder..Do you have TMJ?

I read last week about a study on people learning to play the DIDGERIDOO (ABORIGINAL WIND INSTRUMENT) having fewer problems with sleep apnia (due to the tightening of certain throat muscles during play)...I wonder if it would also relieve some TMJ problems...

Mine's been getting so bad lately, I've been considering finding my old Football Mouthguard and wearing it at night.

Probably still smells/tastes minty.