Bye Weeks, and a couple other thoughts

Alright, well, as most of you probably realized I'm relatively new here. I dont expect very many of you to care about what I have to say, let alone have many replies to this post. I just wanted to let my voice be heard, although, you really cant hear me. So just imagine.

1. I dont know about anybody else but I personally can not stand bye weeks. :bang Don't get me wrong, they're great for the team. They need to get healthy and rest. Eleven straight weeks of games, wow, that's gotta be tough. But, a football Saturday just isn't a football Saturday without Husker Football. I get lost, I dont know what to do with myself when the Huskers arent playing :ahhhhhhhh Fortunately, there will be State Highschool Football Championship games, to go along with the great #1 vs #2 matchup, which by the way, I'm growing less and less interested in after hearing about it for 2 months on the College football Trash Talking site on Myspace.

2. OU fans are stupid. They need to do everyone a favor and go back to their shantees and never be heard from again. :w00t

3. What happened to getting the tightends more involved in the offense this year?? With the exception of the first 3 or 4 games, I havent seen them. Well I guess you could throw in there the amazing awareness by Hunter Teafatiller (spelling?) to snatch that missed field goal by Cogdon at KSU out of the air and score a touchdown. :LOLtartar God I cant stop listening to that. But anyways, I guess I kind of feel bad for Herian. Ya know, he's back this year and it was supposed to be his year to shine in this offense. I dont know whether Taylor is just not really looking for them, they're not getting open, or Callahan just isnt calling plays designed for them. Feel free to express your thoughts on this.

4. The Doc is 1-0 :worship Not about football but impressive, none the less. :sarcasm He even played a stundent manager last night because of all the injuries. Doc is AWESOME!

5. And last but not least, "Touchdown" Tommie is out at Doane College. Maybe Steve can give him two more years of eligibility. That would be SAWEET!

Well, now that I got all of that off my chest....here's to kicking the living crap out of the Puffs!!! GO 'SKERS! :cheers

1. I hate bye weeks too but I'll finally be able to get some stuff done around the yard this weekend that I've been putting off for months :dumdum

2. HERE HERE!!!!! Buy this man a drink!! :cheers:cheers Try living down here. It's 100 times worse :angry:

3. Not sure. I thought for sure Herian was going to be a threat again this year but I have to wonder if using the two TE set is what has helped our running game immensely.

4. Basketball isn't outlawed yet??

5. Sucks for Tommie but he'll bounce back.

I will be lost too this weekend without Husker football, but the kids need a rest and a well-deserved one after last weekend. I personally think that having a bye at this point in the year is very beneficial to heal up any nagging injuries and keep making adjustments.

I absolutely hate OU too my man. They all need to shut their dirty mouths and get over it that their program is falling apart slowly.

I just think that Herian is not the same player he was before the injury. When you have a receiver like MO, it is tough to check down to the TE. I wish Herian all of the best in the future. I hope he can make it to the NFL and show is talents there.

It was only a matter of time before Tommie was going to step down. That program is way too small for a guy like Tommie to be the head coach in....no tradition of winning and kids that play college football for fun. Doane is in a very tough conference and will NEVER do well in it...my college team played a number of those teams (USF, Northwestern, etc...) so I know first hand that they are tough. Hopefully he will find something new and better.

Way to be a newbie and speak your mind! Not that I'm a seasoned veteran (hey I think I just got my first 'letter') but I've already ruffled feathers....but its for the good of discussion.

1) At least there's still football on. Imagine if every team took a week off in the middle of the season...at the same time. :nutz Sorry...can't share the enthusiasm on HS football.

2) Can't do away with OU fans. Too much history. And believe it or not...all the comments of OU fans "thinking they deserve games/wins" or that they are "football royalty"...that's probably the same thing that they and the rest of the country say about NU. Both are winning traditions, both have multiple Nat. Champs, and both have a HARD TIME accepting anything less than perfection. I think a lot of NU fans find it easier to point the finger than look in the mirror. (Ruffling feathers....I know.)

3) Overall I think the TE's have done very well! Combine their receptions, yards and TD's and they are putting up good numbers. But it's like the RB situation, we'd have a Heisman candidate if you put the majority of numbers towards one guy and not split them 4 ways. Not many programs do that with RB's or TE's.

Herian...he's not the same. Too bad on the injury because he would have been a good one. I don't think they are just 'going away' on him. I don't think he has it now. I doubt anyone in the NFL even takes a chance on him now.

4) I'm a huge college basketball fan. Unfortunately NU hoops (right now) doesn't qualify for that category! Amazing how bad Collier and the athletic department let it go until they did something about it. Shows how much attention football takes and how little attention anyone pays to anything else.

5) Tommie....great college QB....probably best ever. And then they just stopped building tracks for that train. Follow the footsteps of other former Huskers...sell insurance.

Sorry, I didnt make myself clear enough....I shoulda used this :sarcasm when talking about HS Championships.

And I guess I didnt take into consideration Herian's injury. But I'd still like to see the other TE's a little more. Hard to disagree with throwing to MO all the time. But we're winning and that's all that matters.

My OU comment was simply a bash on their fans. I would love to see OU/NU game every year just as much as anyone. I just cant stand their fans.