CFN Prediction: NU vs CU

<_<<_<<_<

Colorado (2-9) at Nebraska (8-3) 3:30 PM EST ABC Friday November 24th

Why to Watch: Will Nebraska tune up or tune out? What had started to become a serious rivalry has lost a little significance recently and means nothing this year outside of pride. The Huskers are playing either Texas or Oklahoma next week in the Big 12 title game, while Colorado's cataclysmic first year under head coach Dan Hawkins is coming to merciful halt, but a win over the Huskers, even if they're not taking the game seriously, would be a huge step to close out the year with two straight wins after beating Iowa State two weeks ago.

Why Colorado Might Win: Nebraska's head is likely already in Kansas City. There's truly nothing to play for outside of getting a win on Senior Day, so the coaching staff is certain to keep the playbook vanilla to not show next week's foe anything new. Even if Nebraska plays full bore for sixty minutes, the Colorado defense, if properly inspired, is good enough to keep this from being a blowout with a strong front seven that should be able to plug up the Husker ground game.

Why Nebraska Might Win: Will Nebraska get good Bernard Jackson or bad Bernard Jackson? If the Colorado quarterback is efficient, the Buff offense is effective and efficient. If he sails his throws and is forced into mistakes, it'll be over early. The active Nebraska defensive front should be able to generate consistent pressure to keep Jackson moving, while the linebackers will keep the runs to a minimum. Field position should be an issue for the Buffs hurt by an awful return game; Nebraska's punting has been effective all year long.

Who to Watch: Let's just say the Lou Groza Award people goofed. Colorado's Mason Crosby was left off the list of finalists mainly because he missed eight field goal attempts this year. However, four of those misses came from beyond fifty yards and four were from over sixty. There's no question he has the biggest leg in college football and is a sure-fire bet to make a lot of money over the next several years at the next level. With the CU offensive still sputtering, he'll have to be the main offensive weapon against a solid, but not spectacular, Husker defense.

What Will Happen: Nebraska will want to close out the regular season with a bang, but it won't be able to fake the emotion. This is Colorado's bowl game, and it'll play like it just enough to keep things close.

CFN Prediction: Nebraska 24 ... Colorado 20 ... Line: Nebraska -15

Must See Rating: (5 skip the birth of your first born - 1 Deck the Halls) ... 2.5

That is the dumbest thing I have read about this game so far. I'm sure all the seniors heads are already in KC. Where do they find these morons? It's in Lincoln and it's Zac and the rest of the seniors last game there. I bet all the seniors go out to a strip club thursday night and get hammered and try to nap and throw up on the sidelines Friday. :sarcasm

Let's give special thanks to Hawkins and Hagen for getting the Huskers fired up for this game. Clap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If those two had kept their mouths shut, maybe CU would have catch NU sleeping tommorow, which would be the only way I see CU winning. Since NU has more manpower and will be a awake, I see it highly unlikely that CU will come away with a victory. Don't be surprise if NU plays its most complete game of the year. NU 56-CU 0. You heard it here. :bonez

I've said in another thread that there is a good chance that it will be very close for the same reasons that they bring up here. There is no reason to worry about winning from very calculating point of view. Don't get players hurt, don't risk anything on huge, dangerous plays becasue if we lose, we're still the north champions. I think that we've seen this kind of mentality from BC before and I think there is a good chance of seeing it again on friday. This isn't "Looking past" or having "Heads in KC" at all... it's just being smart about using and possibly damaging players.

Then again, he might want to say "SEe? I am a husker!" and drop some big plates on CU.

However, I just don't see him risking players and going big. I see a very simple, safe plan coming into play. Of course, NU could smack the bejesus out of CU with a simple safe plan! I mean, come on, CU is terrible this year. The huskers could come out and line up backwards and they'd still probably do pretty well against this buffs team. :)

The 'head in KC' remark might have been true if the CU coaching staff hadnt been talking so much smack in the media. You dont look past a team that basicly calls you out. ANd WTF is he smoking with bernard jackson is efficient? He isnt effective let alone efficient. 6TDs to 7INTs says it all.

Besides, comming off a bye week with Callahan having the time to look over every scrap of film for both teams, CU should just try to not get embarassed on national TV.