Why OU probably wins this game

Across the board, OU has a better defense and a better running game. Their lines can be dominant, especially the offense. I think there better without AP, they become less predictable. OU runs right at you hard and with force. Nebraska might be the worst tackling team in the Big 12, no one wants to square up there shoulders and hit....this could be a recipe for disaster. If they don't make the tackle before the RB gets going, usually behind the line of scrimmage, their tackling consist of grabbing shirts and holding on for help. This simply will not work against OU.

Since I feel we can't stop them much, we'll need to score. After the Alamo Bowl against a now 10-1 Michigan team, I will never underestimate Callahan and his offensive strategy. We are the luckiest team in the world for having a coach with his ability to gameplan. Plus, we have the greatest fans in the world and will bring it every play, especially on the road.

Remember a couple years ago, OU went into the Big 12 Champ game with a Heisman winner and about a dozen or so All-Conference players and got smoked by the Barnies. Texas went into the Big 12 Champ a 21 point underdog to NU and beat them outright, KSt went into the Big 12 game with their best team ever and lost to A&M.

Crazier things have happened, but, right now, I just don't see it happening. OU has the recipe for success: Great defense and a very solid running game.

Well....I could not disagree with you more................

The Husker O-line is a better Unit than OU(when Healthy)

Patrick is a good back...but for my money....Lucky or Jackson are better

the OU Defense is very...very good....but when they have played a team with good balance and depth the Gooners have lost....I know they should have won the Oregon game...but they did get beat By Texas

lets not forget the aTm game either....if we had played 4 quarters we were on the way to woodshed beating time for the aggies.......something OU never had the chance to do....

If anyone can point to the BIG WIN on there schedule that makes them better please point it out

This game is about as even as it get or a ever so slight edge to the Huskers because of Taylor and Purify...Lucky and our O-line......simply put.......If the Huskers play a solid 4 quarters(all 4) and they don't have to be great....OU can't win.......last week agin CU was the first time we actually put up points in the 2nd half......4 quarters and we can't lose.........

for the most part, OU is just as predictable as they were with AD. Run, Run RUn, pass only when you need to. The difference is they know they cant get into shootouts, and the defense has stepped up their play. Thomson is totally erratic as a QB. In consecutive weeks this year he had a game where we was 3 for 12. And the following week, outpasses Tech.

But by and large from the games I have watched this year, OU just wants to run the ball right at you. If we can manage to stop that like we did with A&M we canwin the game. The best news for us in this area is that OU runs a very simple offense, the kind that Cos has alot of experiance stopping in the Big10. Our defensive issues have been with the spread attacks like OSU and MU use. While Thompson does do some running, he is not the treat that Daneil or reid are.

for the most part, OU is just as predictable as they were with AD. Run, Run RUn, pass only when you need to. The difference is they know they cant get into shootouts, and the defense has stepped up their play. Thomson is totally erratic as a QB. In consecutive weeks this year he had a game where we was 3 for 12. And the following week, outpasses Tech.

But by and large from the games I have watched this year, OU just wants to run the ball right at you. If we can manage to stop that like we did with A&M we canwin the game. The best news for us in this area is that OU runs a very simple offense, the kind that Cos has alot of experiance stopping in the Big10. Our defensive issues have been with the spread attacks like OSU and MU use. While Thompson does do some running, he is not the treat that Daneil or reid are.

Are we a good tackling team, besides Octavian/McKweon, name me one player who wants to stright up tackle with consistency? As Lombardi once said, "..everyones grabbing, grab, grab, grab, no ones tackling out there!"

WE win this Game IF OUR Reciever's hang on to the ball,we dont fumble, and if we tackle, I watched the Entire OU, OUS game and I honestly do not think their Defense can atch up Aginst our Recievers, Purfiy will be a huge Factor in this game IMO, Our speed at Reciever if we get them int he open Is Tremendius, And trick plays, I would not be Surprised if we pull out all the stops in this Game

Taylors arm will keep us in this game. But crappy tackling that we've seen (and yes there was still plenty on Fri.) will make it tough to win.

As a former college athlete, I'm not big into calling out student-athletes...BUT, I do reserve the right to make an exception!

Shanle, is the biggest reason we need alot of breaks to fall our way to beat the Sooners. He is perhaps one of the worst tacklers I have seen since Deion Sanders. But what really gets my blood boiling is how he is the only safety in the country that is afraid to deliver a knockout blow or clean up a pile that is just standing around...and although we have no proven backups behind him, I'll take my chances with athletes like Thenarse and Major, rather than keep watching McGee slip through a dive at his ankles or Shanle getting into his coverage area too late.

Outside of that, the problems I see on our defense is how ineffective the tackling is in the second level of the defense. The front four is fine and usually does a great job, but the LB's have also had their struggles containing the power run game.

Now, for the positives, Zac, Mo, Bjack and Hollywood to name a few. I like that we will be balanced unlike OU, but I think to be most effective we will need to go vertical early and often to neutralize Rufus Alexander and Lattimer's playmaking abilities. Also, I like that we showed all kinds of trick plays just so they have to spend time watching film and preparing for them (and if you think Billy C doesn't have at least 20-30 more trick plays drawn up you'd be crazy, because he is obviously enjoying calling those plays he never had an opportunity to call in the League).

Anyways, I like our chances if we get going early and get some big breaks, because like it or not, they are still more talented and deeper than we are, with Peterson or not....

BUT, if you are wondering, I am already arranging my travel arrangements to the Desert. New Years in Tempe will be AWESOME...Hope to see everyone there....

GO BIG RED!!!!