wonder why we cant tackle?

ccm420

I've talked with a few young players, they told me they have never practiced open field tackling while at NU....NEVER

How can you have such poor tackling and not try to improve it?

except that some of the players have been missing tackles that weren't exactly "open field". tackles were missed when plenty of other players were around. wierd thing is, and maybe its just me, but it seems like tackling has been much worse later in the season than it was early on.

I've talked with a few young players, they told me they have never practiced open field tackling while at NU....NEVER

I wonder what they consider open field tackling drills. Because I have heard from some players that they do a ton of tackling drills.

This post doesn't make much sense.

Here's a post for ya:

I have talked with some players and they told me they are happy here. I have talked with some coaches and they told me they practice every day of the week. I have talked with some players dads and they told me they like the coaches. I have talked with some players moms and they told me Cally is hot. I have talked with some athletic directors and they told me Nebraska is going to win the MNC.

How can you just post something based on nothing and expect an intelligent response?

was watching a bball game, and the announcer had some interesting points about coaching in college. Being a former coach himself (sorry, can't remember the game or the announcer) he was commenting on the lack of fundamentals in college bball - passing, dribling and shooting. He was talking about how the coaches are squezzed for time. Unlike in the pros, a coach can't say "we are do this over and over till we get it right, even if it takes all day". A large part of their role becomes time managment and motivator, and if push comes to shove, fundamental drills are usually the thing that is going to be left out. While these comments were directed at bball, i can see how it would extend to all sports to some degree.

This is why......

kevincosgrove.jpg

A picture of a younger Kevin Cosgrove is why some defensive players have struggled tackling (except guys like brandenburgh and Steinkuhler. Those guys are animals.) ? Huh, whoda thunk it? I mean the smile is a little cheesy but damn.

I dont know what the husker coaches do, but at my school (albeit it's DIII) the coaches figured for the most part we learned how to do that in high school. We would still do tackling circuts once a week, but it worked more on form, not open field situations and stuff like that. I guess someone from the Huskers would have to enlighten us as to what they work on.

I dont know what the husker coaches do, but at my school (albeit it's DIII) the coaches figured for the most part we learned how to do that in high school. We would still do tackling circuts once a week, but it worked more on form, not open field situations and stuff like that. I guess someone from the Huskers would have to enlighten us as to what they work on.
That's kinda what I have thought. How long have these kids been playing football? It's not as easy, but you don't see NU baseball practice catching the ball. Obviously tackling is a much different situation.

Kids like Brandenburgh and Steinkuhler just seem have a natural talent for getting in the right position and wrapping up well consistently.

That's kinda what I have thought. How long have these kids been playing football? It's not as easy, but you don't see NU baseball practice catching the ball. Obviously tackling is a much different situation.

Kids like Brandenburgh and Steinkuhler just seem have a natural talent for getting in the right position and wrapping up well consistently.

But a D-coordinator at the D1 level should be able to notice an issue as fundamental as tackling and fix the problem.