BCS Mess

The day started off with USC just skating into the title game in the media's eyes. The defense stepped up for UCLA and stomped them, on fourth down plays no less. Stupid Carroll. Of course, with Florida winning tonight, this causes controversy that only the BCS can come up with. Michigan goes, this gets blown up. Florida goes, Michigan has an argument but I believe that it's not very substantial.

First, argument for the rematch. If Michigan were to go, and somehow pull off a win, what does that prove. They went 1-1 against the best team in the nation. Guess what? I think they should share the title. That's what a 1-1 record is, a tie. There's no tiebreaker in a situation like this. Other than the fact that Ohio State won the conference. A tie means a split. Simple as that.

There are a lot of reasons for Florida to go but this has to be the biggest reason. The BCS was put in place to keep split titles from happening. It could happen twice. Florida beats Ohio State, Michigan doesn't have an argument for a split because UF beat a team Michigan couldn't. The BCS is a joke. No question.

BTW, Oklahoma's defense is crazy good. Boise is gonna get trampled.

I say that the Gators should go because they won their conference (which should be stimpulation for the title game). Everyone always says that a playoff would take away from the importantance of the regular season but the BCS doesn't really care about what happens in the regular season anyways. The BCS is all a bunch of numbers and there is not enough common sense envolved in it. I am sick and tired of every year having a debate about who should go to the national title game. After ten years, it has had three games, maybe, that were the clear cut number one against number two. Lets settle the championship the way every other sport in any division settles it. On the field. To hell with the money hungry presidents.

I think Florida should play too....but....

what about Boise State??? They're the only other undefeated team who has gotten shafted in the rankings. Granted they don't play any ranked teams this year...but shouldn't they get an automatic bid because they haven't lost?

Or are they just going to get shafted because they're in a weak conference? I think they at least deserve a little respect.

But I'll go root for the Gator (although I don't think they have a chance against Ohio State)

I think Florida will go but with that said their non confernce schedule was a joke, I mean Western Carolina? come on that's pretty weak. They should no better in trying to copy K-State's scheduling of cupcakes b/c where did that get them. Now you look at Michigan's schedule and its not much better except for Notre Dame, but they didn't win their confernce and I thought they put some rule in where if you don't win your conference you can't go to the title game, like NU in 2001 and OU in 2003, so I don't know. :wacko:

I think Florida should play too....but....

what about Boise State??? They're the only other undefeated team who has gotten shafted in the rankings. Granted they don't play any ranked teams this year...but shouldn't they get an automatic bid because they haven't lost?

Or are they just going to get shafted because they're in a weak conference? I think they at least deserve a little respect.

But I'll go root for the Gator (although I don't think they have a chance against Ohio State)

Dude, Boise State shouldn't even be in the conversation. They will will get waxed in the fiesta bowl in blow out fashion. Even if the Huskers would have have won the Big XII they would have waxed Boise State as well...

Lets have a playoff.

I agree. It's in the best interests of college football to have a playoff system in place. But it's not in the best interests of the bowls themselves. And they represent big, big money with a lot of influence.

Keep the bowls in it with a 4-team play-off. Every year, 2 BCS bowls host a No. 1 Seed vs. No. 4 Seed, and No. 2 Seed vs. No. 3 Seed.

Every year, only about 3-4 teams have a legitimate case for being in the national title game.

This year: Ohio State, Florida, Mich. ... and Boise st., only because they're undefeated.