NU/Auburn in the Cotton Bowl

A little backstory on me, I was born in Omaha and I've been a Nebraska fan ever since I knew the rules of football (which sadly has only been about 8 years). I went to school at Auburn so they'll always be number 1 in my heart but Nebraska is a close second, this game is like heaven to me and I'm planning on making the trip to Dallas with my UN- Kearny (sp?) graduate father who will be in red. I would expect to see a lot of Nebraska fans because IMO Auburn fans don't travel well (although the stadium was split for the 2004 sugar bowl, there were more Va. Tech fans on Bourbon St. by far despite the large distance).

When it comes to this game, my dad and I have decided that it depends on which teams bring which teams. By that I mean, whether Auburn brings the team that played against Georgia, or the team that played against Florida, and whether Nebraska brings the team that played against Texas, or the team that played against OK State. A little positive note for ya'll, both of Auburn's losses this season have been in games that started before noon. Morning wins for Auburn include 6 over Ole Miss, and weak wins over Buffalo, Arkansas State, and Tulane, and a strong win over Miss. State. Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Washington State, and Alabama were all at night.

I'm really looking forward to posting on these boards, maybe a little smack talk, and even sticking around for the NU 2007 season...

by the way, why does everyone say NU, I'm under the impression that its the University of Nebraska...

***SNIP***

by the way, why does everyone say NU, I'm under the impression that its the University of Nebraska...

UN? Same as the ineffective political body? God forbid!

Haha, wow, well there's another thing we have in common! Lack of respect for the UN, but ya'll will have to forgive me if I refer to Nebraska as UN, just habit.

***SNIP***

UN? Same as the ineffective political body? God forbid!

Haha, wow, well there's another thing we have in common! Lack of respect for the UN, but ya'll will have to forgive me if I refer to Nebraska as UN, just habit.

I've always abbreviated it as NU when talking about the team and UNL when talking about the school itself. Odd that I never realized that before...