Three of AU's starting players suspended

Boo I want them at full strength, I hope they're just rumors.

No, it's confirmed. It's a done deal. It's being reported on Rivals.com but I don't have a subscription to it to retrieve the article. I'd expect an article about it on ESPN/SI/Fox Sports in the next day.

The bad thing about this for NU is if we beat Auburn, the media is going to downplay this win by saying we beat Auburn who played without 3 of their top starters. If we lose, the media is going to say Auburn beat us without three of their top starters (meaning, we still suck according to them...the media) ;)

Maybe some of our Auburn friends can enlighten us a little more on this whole thing

Here's the official news report.Yahoo/AP

I hate to see kids screw up so bad they get toasted. Makes me feel sorry for their teammates who were relying on them. And there parents too.

But, never let us forget these are all kids and college is supposed to be a learing experience. Here's hoping they learn.

:bonez

You will get a good game. Sears and Blackmon sat out the LSU game. In that game we won the most violent game I ever saw. :box:box The Tigers will miss Lester, but Irons and the other will impress you well.

The big point is that Tuberville means it when he says the players must obey the rules. If they don't they won't play. If it happens to much, they are gone. This causes small deficits from time-to-time, but the benefit from overall team discipline far outweighs the loss from selfish players.

I'm not saying that AU will win, but your players better be packing extra chin straps instead of thinking that they will have an easy time over second-rate players.

Here's hoping for a well-played game on both sides.

WDE and GBR.

I couldn't agree more with your coaches decision 76..............I don't care if it's your star player or not they don't get special treatment no matter what. If Zac messed up and broke team rules or whatever I would expect the same from Callahan. It's going to be a hard fought game, but have a lot of respect with it as well. :thumbs

Good morning Huskers. FYI. Blackmon and Sears missed the first six games of the season. Lester was considered the backup to Irons until Irons got hurt at which point he saw significantly more playing time.

Probably our most complete game this year was against WSU where Blackmon and Sears were out and Lester only got a few carries due to a healthy Irons.

So...If you guys come up with a Cotton Bowl win don't let ESPN or any other "expert" taint your good time with the "Auburn was not full strength BS". If you win it will be against very good players.

I do hate that these guys are suspended but Coach Tuberville is very serious about discipline and rules. He will show no favorites....ever.

Good luck and War Eagle!

JN

Good morning Huskers. FYI. Blackmon and Sears missed the first six games of the season. Lester was considered the backup to Irons until Irons got hurt at which point he saw significantly more playing time.

Probably our most complete game this year was against WSU where Blackmon and Sears were out and Lester only got a few carries due to a healthy Irons.

So...If you guys come up with a Cotton Bowl win don't let ESPN or any other "expert" taint your good time with the "Auburn was not full strength BS". If you win it will be against very good players.

I do hate that these guys are suspended but Coach Tuberville is very serious about discipline and rules. He will show no favorites....ever.

Good luck and War Eagle!

JN

I didnt think these guys would make much of a difference in the game anyway but who knows. You guys seem to have depth and lots of speed so it shouldnt make much of a difference. 200th post btw!!!!!!

I just want to clarify something about our offense when it comes to running backs. We only have a "starter" in the technical sense that somebody has to be first on the roster.

Just about all of the backs we have play in a rotation. Normally, for instance, you would expect to see a three-back rotation from Auburn of: Kenny Irons, Brad Lester, Carl Stewart, etc. Then every once in a while Tre Smith is in to mix it up. Sometimes we run multiple backs on the field at the same time. For instance, it's common for KI or TS to line up at more of a WR position.

KI is more of a finesse back. If there is a 1-inch hole where he is supposed to go, he will get through it and pick up yards. Brad Lester is the back that beats down the OL and if there is no hole, he makes one. Carl Stewart is kind of a combination. And Tre Smith is...anything can happen with him. He is pesky!

My point is...losing Brad Lester does hurt, but it does in NO WAY "take away our running game" or anything like that.

Blackmon and Sears are heavy-hitter, pressure bringing linebackers. They will be missed, but as someone else said, Blackmon and Sears were suspended from the first 6 games this year.

So, Nebraska fans, don't take this as "Auburn won't be at full strength." Because anything BUT that will be true. We will just be missing a few ingredients that we have been using for the past few games.

Hey Huskers!! You are still playing a very good Auburn team without those three players. If you guys beat us, you still beat a very good team. Kenny Irons and Brandon Cox are full speed now. Lester backs up Irons. However we have some other backs just as talented. Ben Tate our highly touted freshman is no slouch. You'll face our best offense for sure. Defensively sure we hate losing Sears and Blackmon. But I don't see our defense being much worse than what we had to deal with this year. I'm sure our coaches will make the adjustments to ensure we play tough against your offense. I don't think there is much let down losing those players. If anything, it should motivate our players more to play even better. Especially guys who are trying to prove themselves. It will still be a very competitve game and will be fun. Just thought you should here that from an Auburn guy. And as an Auburn fan, I support Tommy Tuberville 110% on dismissing those players. I want to win with class, not with bums.

WARRRRRRR EAGLE!!!!

And as an Auburn fan, I support Tommy Tuberville 110% on dismissing those players. I want to win with class, not with bums.

WARRRRRRR EAGLE!!!!

Right on there Teddy.....our Defense has a lot of experience playing without Sears and Blackmon, so we should be ok there. Here's our Front Four just to drive home the point of our undersized D-Line. Not to mention it looks like our MLB will be Dede, and he is listed at 223.....

DE 48 Marquies Gunn (6-4, 268, Sr.)

92 Chris Browder (6-4, 270, Sr.)

NG 97 Josh Thompson (6-0, 295, Jr.)

99 Tez Doolittle (6-3, 292, Jr.)

DT 94 Sen’Derrick Marks (6-2, 287, RFr.)

95 Pat Sims (6-4, 304, So.)

DE 54 Quentin Groves (6-4, 254, Jr.)

52 Antonio Coleman (6-2, 250, RFr.)

But, if you get in an obvious passing situation, Gunn and Groves will kill ZT....they are 2 of the best pass-rushing DEs in the nation....