Biggest flop in Husker history?

HuskerBob

1.  Broderick Thomas - Other than having a big mouth and falling on the pile after the tackle was made, he would have never even been heard from.  He was mediocre at best.

He was a Freakin All American twice. I believe in 87-88 or 88-89. He lettered Four years at NU. He also holds the record at NU for the most unassisted tackles in a season(career total also) for a DE. I think it said he had 53 out of his 98 tackles that were unassisted. That 98 total tackles is also a DE season record. He also holds the DE season(career total also) record for Fumble recoveries and Tackle for loss yardage. He had 11 sacks one year and he is #12 in total tackles at NU. I don't understand how you could call the Sandman a flop. He is agruably one of the Best DE to play at NU.(Probably only behind Trev and Wistrom)

Your being pretty brutal if your going to say the Sandman.

Dang, someone beat me to the punch! But the name that immediately came to my mind was Mickey Joseph. Joseph was supposed to be the "Second Coming of Jesus" when it came to option quarterbacks when he was recruited. He barely played a down and was hardly effective when he did play.

How about heath shuler??

Heath Shuler was never a Cornhusker. ;) I'd have to say DeAngelo Evans, Thunder Collins or David Horne. All came in with high expectations and never lived up to them. Horne had that great game against A&M as a true frosh and played well in a few other games, but nothin more to speak of really. DeAngelo played great as a freshman filling in for Ahman when he was injured, but nothing after that. And as far as Thunder goes, I think the offense that was being run at NU just didn't suit his talents and it's awful hard to live up to expectations when your birth name is "Thunder". I don't think we can say Curt Dukes was a flop, because he never played for the Huskers. He came in highly touted with expectations, but he never got a chance to live up to those expectations on the field before he transferred.

For you middle age folks like me, I'm going way back in time to the Devaney era and say QB Frank Patrick -- 1967-1969. He was highly regarded coming out of high school, and Devaney was excited about his height at 6 foot seven inches. But his height was a disadvantage instead of an advantage, and I never saw someone so clumsy in my life. He moved to TE his senior year and played very little. Patrick was the starter in 1967 on one of Devaney's worst teams -- 6-4. He lost his starting job in 1968 to Ernie Sigler, who was nothing special either, and the team again went 6-4. Yes, this was a different era, but this guy was terrible. The worst I've ever seen.