RB Marlon Lucky

Student section chanted his name several times throughout the game.  I know he heard at least once because he turned and smiled.

I hate to say I told you so, but.....

no.... you know what, I love it. I am the man....... Today on "The Insiders" Big Red Report.com Lucky Returns From Lincoln By Brandon Cavanaugh he wrote the following:

What really caught Lucky’s attention was how the student section chanted his name during the game.  He said that the fans were the favorite part of his trip.  Lucky was amazed at how involved they were and how many of them knew who he was.

Didn't I say that, four days ago???

Hell yeah

:horns2

Wow, looks like the name chanting thing really did have an impact... nice job guys!!! :horns2

Recruit update: Marlon Lucky

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Marlon Lucky, ranked by rivals.com as the nation's No. 2 high school running back, said Wednesday he enjoyed his official recruiting visit to Nebraska last weekend.

Lucky, in fact, enjoyed his Lincoln visit enough that he ranks Nebraska and Southern Cal in a tie for first on his list of finalists.

"Lincoln was cool," Lucky said via cell phone from North Hollywood, Calif. "The Nebraska fans, they were chanting my name. That made me feel real good."

Lucky was asked if the quiet of Lincoln would be a difficult adjustment compared to the bustle of Hollywood. His home is located about 15 minutes from the USC campus.

"I'm cool with the quiet," Lucky said. "I'm not really an L.A. boy."

The 5-foot-11, 202-pound Lucky arrived in North Hollywood as a 12-year-old from Dallas.

After rushing for 1,772 yards and scoring 30 touchdowns as a junior and impressing coaches at summer recruiting camps, Lucky landed scholarship offers from top programs around the country.

In addition to Nebraska and Southern Cal, Lucky said he's strongly considering Louisiana State. Florida and Mississippi State also are on his list of finalists, he said.

Lucky has visited only Nebraska and as of Wednesday had no other visits scheduled. He said he plans to make a decision about which school he'll play for sometime in December

http://journalstar.com/articles/2004/10/21...c1678192695.txt

• 2 weeks later...

There is a rumor floating that he may have to go the juco route. He recently finish his previous qtr or semester work at a 3.3gpa, which will noe raise his overall gpa to a 2.3....yikes. He says he's working hard and kinda kicking himself right now, but hey we got Brandon Jackson here, Lucky has not gotten the required scores on testing.

I heard that after every touchdown he scores, he takes off one of his shoes on the sidelines and holds it in the air. I saw a lot of people doing that every time Nebraska scored when he was here for a visit.

and they still do. First time I saw it was during the Southern Miss game. One guy in the student section was doing it. Then yesturday there was about 30 people doing it in our section again. I thought it was something to do with the kicker/kicking game (kinda like 'spirit fingers'). But hey, what the hell do I know? (this is a retorical question, not to be answered please)