RB Marlon Lucky

There was an article on Lucky in the OWH this morning. I am having a hard time finding it on omaha.com. Concerning his grades, it stated that he improved his GPA to 3.3 this semester. I think that was just the semester GPA though.

It also said that him and Leon Jackson are probably rommies.

Tom Lemming, the ESPN recruiting analyst who helped select the rosters for the All-American Bowl, apparently upset a few Nebraska fans when he declared last fall that Lucky was already better than the Huskers' starting I-back, Cory Ross.

"It's the truth. He is better," Lemming said. "Ross is a good player. He'll still get a lot of carries, and you can't forget about his experience. But barring injury, Marlon Lucky will be a great one."

Here it is Dave.

Sounds like he's really turned things around, and has a solid head on his shoulders.

It was seven years ago when Lucky chose at age 11 to leave his mother and a drug-infested neighborhood in Dallas.

He traveled to live with her older brother, Stanley Joseph, in North Hollywood, Calif. In the years after, Lucky developed a liking for classical music and matured to a point that his uncle feels comfortable enough to send Lucky away again.

Lucky is a product of the diverse mix of people who helped raise him. He is soft-spoken. He helps mentor athletes in a youth football league. He earned a 3.3 grade average last semester to improve his chances of qualifying academically for competition next year.

Nebraska, despite its distance from California, was a natural fit, Lucky said.

"I know about four streets in L.A.," he said. "I don't go out at all. I live right across the street from school. I don't go out partying.

"I'm not a city boy."

Full Story

He's a reggie bush type if you ask me. not saying he's that good but he's not a every down back. He's can get a few carries but he'll be better at some wide out and some returns imo.

\

If he gets here. Hearing him talk, who the heck knows.wow

man give the guy a break. you hear 1 interview with him if that, and youre already judging him?? sounds to me like he had a pretty tough roll of the life dice and from wher Im sittin has made pretty remarkable progress to get as far as he has. slap you in front of a national audienace and see if you come off sounding much smarter. ;)

me I'll give him the benefit of the doubt before I pencil him in any column. best of luck Marlon, Im rootin for you on a personal and professional level! :thumbs

He's a reggie bush type if you ask me. not saying he's that good but he's not a every down back. He's can get a few carries but he'll be better at some wide out and some returns imo.

Seeing him play on saturday, he looks bigger than I thought he was. The program listed a player that the high school kid somewhat mirrored and it said Edgerrin James for Lucky, but I would have to say he is a Marshall Faulk type. Didn't get a chance to see his pass catching abilities, but he looks to be exceptionally quick with great cutback capability.

If he gets here.  Hearing him talk, who the heck knows.wow

Tommie Frazier didn't sound too intelligent either but he led Nebraska to 3 national title games and won 2 of them.

Man Benard I said this in November and I think you said he was to short to play WR like Bush does. At least you changed you mind about him. It only took a couple of months but you're coming around.

• 2 weeks later...