RB Marlon Lucky

Folks I have been smiling from ear to ear for the last hour or so since I have heard this news. As I have said many, many times I believe in Callahan in what he is trying to accomplish here. With the addition of Marlon Lucky, an everydown back, he is one step closer to getting us back to the top.

Lucky did not originally grow up in So Cal. so he didn't really have a connection to USC. Although as he says it became increasingly attractive to him.

As I said Lucky says he 100% on the Huskers. He only took one visit, this is also why Callahan has tried to get so many players in here early to visit first and during a game. And it paid off. :horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

Wow. That is great that we got him. It seems weird that after a loss, we seem to get recruits to commit.

Kind of funny. This board gets more hits than normal after a loss. Interesting......

I'll give you two guesses as to why. ;)

If everything works out and he comes to play, I wonder how he will compete with Jackson, Ross and Green? Does he have the ability to come out and take over the position? Not that it needs to be taken over right now. He could be a very LARGE x factor for us early in his career. Just pray he doesn't hurt himself or get mono and have an organ removed in the meantime.

I've gotten a chance to look at some film on Lucky. He's not big or intimidating, but he is so fast. He does everything at full speed. He is able to reach full speed very quickly. He is quite strong as far as stiff arms and the such. He doesn't juke, like Ross, but changes direction well, but again he does it fast.

Here are some notes, but there is always video in Rivals.com

If you have a paid subscription go here ....Marlon Lucky

Some interesting tidbits about Lucky in a few articles:

I love looking at the teams Nebraska beats out. That to me is important and makes the other teams in America take notice.

Marlon Lucky, Rivals.com’s No. 2 rated prep running back in the country, officially committed Sunday to the Cornhuskers over Southern California, LSU and Florida.

Through nine games this season, Lucky has rushed for 1,365 yards, in addition to 26 touchdowns while averaging 8.5 yards per carry and more than 150 yards of total offense per game.

His physical ability is what also helped him get that 5-star rating.

With a time of 4.44 in the 40-yard dash and bench and squat maxes of 305 and 410 pounds, respectively, Lucky has the build and skills to make a difference at the collegiate level.

At the NIKE Training Camp in San Diego in April, Lucky ranked in the top 10 in all four major testing events – 40-yard dash, shuttle, bench press and vertical leap.

Kids got guts and a big set on him. I love kids like this

I think I can have an Adrian Peterson-type impact at Nebraska and I truly believe the program is going to turn around.

Thanks for all the great links. It is nice to see great recruits committing to NU. All the good 90's teams had at least 7-8 excellent recruits each year plus a consistent O line system. I think the school will return to a prominent power and with this offense more blue chip players will come. IMO

:horns2

How cool is this!!?!!! Wow what a huge accomplishment. Man I saw some video on this kid and he really is the real thing. I was blown away with his versatility and overall explosiveness. Just hits the hole in full stride and doesnt look back. Really similar to an Ahman Green, but probably a better catcher at this point in his career. Great get Coach Cally!! Now can you blend the egos and make great players into a great team?? We shall see, and that shall be your judgement bar.

I haven't seen any video of this guy but if he can hit the corner and take it to the house then he is alright with me. We have been missing that for a few years. I know some will say we have that with Ross, but he is more of a slasher. Come on ACT/SAT score. If you start taking players out of the backyard of USC you must be doing something right.