ESPN ranks football states--Nebraska #21 overall

ESPN

21. Nebraska

No. 29 pro | No. 9 college | No. 19 high school: The Cornhusker State has one DI team, three Heismans, five national titles and two NFL Hall of Famers.

With only the one D1 team being number 9 for college isn't bad. Kind of strange Nebraska is so high for pro but may be based on having two NFL hall of famers. I wouldn't think they'd count the Omaha Beef. :lol:

16. New York

No. 6 pro | No. 35 college | No. 24 high school: The Empire State has three DI teams, four Heismans, three national titles, four NFL titles, two AFL titles, three Super Bowl wins and nine NFL Hall of Famers.

thats my home!! :)

woo..hoo..don't we rock.... :sarcasm

I am surprised to see my home state, Minnesota at #24....the Vikings are one the worst teams in the NFL and disappoint their fans year after year. The Gophers are about the same as the Vikings. There are in all honesty a few teams that are dominant....Cretin-Derham Hall and Eden Prairie.

That is nice to see that Nebraska is ranked as high as they are. I can't believe they still have 8 man football....I played with a kid in college that played 8 man and we couldn't believe it until he showed us some film...and I thought that 9 man football was strange to watch.

That is nice to see that Nebraska is ranked as high as they are. I can't believe they still have 8 man football....I played with a kid in college that played 8 man and we couldn't believe it until he showed us some film...and I thought that 9 man football was strange to watch.

There are a ton of schools that still play 8-man football and still a fair amount of 6-man schools in Nebraska and surrounding states. I played 8-man in high school and honestly there isn't that much difference in the "feel" of the game if you have 8 or 11.