Callahan out coaches himself I think.

I think BC needs to just simplify things a little bit. If you listen to AU's coach before the second half, he said that he was going to simplify and go out and play football. I'm tired of NU's offense being compared to USC's. I don't think that Pete Carrol crams an 8 pound playbook and makes the team learn a whole new foreign language just to run the plays. I'm not calling for BC's head, but I think some big time changes need to be made during the off-season.

I don't know if you are leaning toward a new play caller or not...but I don't see Callahan giving up the job to be honest.

We have an offensive coordinator, but I have a hard time understanding what the hell his job is when it's BC that calls the plays.

Simple.

He has input on the play calls. Tells Callahan what happening from up in the booth. Coaches quarterbacks and as all offensive coaches, participates in game planning.

I don't know if you are leaning toward a new play caller or not...but I don't see Callahan giving up the job to be honest.

We have an offensive coordinator, but I have a hard time understanding what the hell his job is when it's BC that calls the plays.

Yeah, lol...that is true and I don't know much about that either.

Simple.

He has input on the play calls. Tells Callahan what happening from up in the booth. Coaches quarterbacks and as all offensive coaches, participates in game planning.

So.......when Callahan was hired, we were waiting anxiously and listening to all of this hype for the Raiders to release a guy who just gives input??

So.......when Callahan was hired, we were waiting anxiously and listening to all of this hype for the Raiders to release a guy who just gives input??

Not sure where you are going with this but..

Every offensive coach has input on the game plan. That's how working on a team works. They all serve in a different capacity. Watson coaches TE's, Jay coaches QB's, Randy coaches RB's, etc, etc. What's so hard to understand?

Every offensive coach has input on the game plan. That's how working on a team works. They all serve in a different capacity. Watson coaches TE's, Jay coaches QB's, Randy coaches RB's, etc, etc. What's so hard to understand?

Maybe Callahan should pass the play calling responsibility to someone else.

Maybe Callahan should pass the play calling responsibility to someone else.

I don't think we have anyone on the coaching staff more capable than him. A big hire would have to be made, specifically for this area.

I think BC needs to just simplify things a little bit. If you listen to AU's coach before the second half, he said that he was going to simplify and go out and play football. I'm tired of NU's offense being compared to USC's. I don't think that Pete Carrol crams an 8 pound playbook and makes the team learn a whole new foreign language just to run the plays. I'm not calling for BC's head, but I think some big time changes need to be made during the off-season.

I totally agree. I think Callahan needs to make his system playable in college. It takes a lot of time to get th ball rolling and then the quarterback graduates. Either stop recruiting JC quarterbacks or make it a little easier to learn. The gadget plays are really fun to watch but they cost us this game. There's nothing wrong with hammering BJ up the middle for one, especially when he'd been doing it all half. Sometimes football is as easy as it looks. BTW hate to say it but this was one our easiest games of the season. We should have owned them.

As I stated in this forum previously. If Callahan would have kepted it simple and attacked us straight ahead and mixed a few pass plays in to keep us honest, I think you'd won hands down. Our defense was agressive. But our offense was non existant. Even thought we won, I feel your pain. I am so frustrated with our offense.