2007 Huskers...earlybird

next year will be the defining year of the Callahan era. We have the schedule, Callahan's players will be veterans in the system, we will have the QB that can make all the throws.

I just hope our O-line continues to improve. I think the coaches need to continue to put a lot of emphasis on this area of the game.

Another area is SPECIAL TEAMS. especially the punt return. really need to work on that. and for god sakes dont let a member of the secondary return kicks, we are still shaky there and one injury could make our 07 secondary look like the 06 version.

next year will be the defining year of the Callahan era. We have the schedule, Callahan's players will be veterans in the system, we will have the QB that can make all the throws.

I just hope our O-line continues to improve. I think the coaches need to continue to put a lot of emphasis on this area of the game.

Another area is SPECIAL TEAMS. especially the punt return. really need to work on that. and for god sakes dont let a member of the secondary return kicks, we are still shaky there and one injury could make our 07 secondary look like the 06 version.

I agree this will be the year that defines him and like you said the schedule is there and will put him on the spot. Keller is the man and I agree he will be able to make every kind of throw we need him to make. Sp teams would be nice to get a boost on. It seems like every year since Cally has been here a hole has been filled.(early years we lacked wr's, punt return was terrible, o-line was no help etc.) Next year we will have a selection of players to return kicks and punts. I don't know about anyone else, but I am anxious to see some kind of a punt/kick return touchdown. I mean how long has it been?...since 2002 probably when Groce was last here? That is a long time! I don't understand how we can't slip one for a touchdown on a kickoff as many opportunities as there has been. I know Lucky got screwed out of one his freshman year at ku...oh well enough of that. It will be fun to see the new faces next season who battle it out for the return jobs...maybe a freshman like Amukamara can give us a lift in an area like that.

I honestly think that we will go to a BCS game next year. Our offense is going to be insane. Keller is going to outstanding, throwing the ball to Nunn, Purify, Swift, Hardy, Holt, Mcneil, and maybe Amie. With all of our running backs coming back and a now experienced and talented line with great depth it is going to be the best offense Nebraska has had since the 95 season. Our defense is going to be a lot better in my opinion than they were this year. I think a big reason we didnt get more sacks this year was because Coz knew that he couldnt blitz without getting burned because of our terrible secondary. With Green having a year under his belt in the same position and Asante replacing Shanle that gives the saftey spot a whole new look with the take your head off mentality. With Bowman and Murillo along with Grixby and Jones that will be a whole new look with the speed and size we lacked this year. At linebacker I really think it is a strong possiblity that Dillard will start at strong side linebacker with Mceon and Octavian in the other spots. With Brandenburgh and Rudd coming in off the bench and maybe throw in Travis Lewis or Blake Lawrence when need for added speed and that is a very good group. On the defensive line Suh will no doubt be the anchor in the middle, along with Johnson Steinkuler Townsand and maybe Barfield. On the ends it will be Turner and Potter and more than likely you will see one of the freshmen be a speed rusher on passing situations. I think our team with the schedule we have next year will be in strong contention for a national title and a huge favorite to return to the Big 12 Championship. Either way we are going to a BCS game.

Keller will be an upgrade...better size and arm strength

O-line....what can you say....Murtha, Slauson, and Co........I like this group..they are goin to be great

lots of work to do, but potential to play well is there.....question marks

Recievers.....Purify leads a group that will be deep and loaded with speed and good size

look, we just did not have ANY stand out receiver play this season, period. how much of that was due to Taylor and the offensive line not playing as well as they could have? we'll see what Keller can do...

RB's......with Jackson/Lucky we are stacked...good recruits comin in as well

Jackson is the man, Lucky is just slightly better than average at this point, goes down too easy, IMHO.

D-line.....Barfield, Suh, Townsend Steinkuhler and Turner easily gives us the best in Big12 North...nasty

THIS is the big question mark.....not enough experience carrying over..question mark

LB's......with Asante,Octavien, McKeon....look out...speed speed....Asante can play Small LB Safety deep group

part of the transistion on defense......we'll see

Secondary......Asante, Murillo Bowman, Grixby...speed and depth

Grixby, are you kiddin me?? if he starts we will be no better than we were this season..the kid plays with heart, but he got his lunch handed to him all season..here we better hope like hell we get immediate help!

I look at this team and I see the major upgrades everywhere from 3 years ago...this looks like the kind of talent we had with Osborne....the D-line will be fine and the Juco players coming in look to be instant help

Huskers will have no trouble getting back to the Big12 title game with this group.......

if we can get off early with wins over Nevada and Wake we can go into the SC game looking for that BIG WIN

I can't wait

Keller and the running backs are our only true know quantities.....receivers average at best, the rest is yet to be proven.......reality check, lots of new guys are going to have to step up........

Ok...well I don't look at Potter and Turner or SUH as new guys...and depth is not a problem so the D-line is settled

We agree on backs and QB

Wideouts......Purify catches every good pass he sees...and many of the other recievers do a decent job, but how many times have we seen Taylor get his guys killed with a pass behind a reciever over the middle or he tried to force a pass to a guy in double coverage....We will easily have the best recievers in the North and right up there with UT

O-line......I saw them handle every team we played this year......I think that they are as good as there will be in the big12 next year...Slauson/Murtha are goin to the NFL.......I blame the offensive flame outs on BC and taylor

Secondary.........Grixby is a player , Jones can play and Murrillo Asante Thenarse Culbert Ross and Bowman easily surpass anyone in the North and put them right on par with UT and OU

LB's.....Deep group...and very good...best set of LB's in the country..easy

Asante Octavien Dillard Lawrence Ruud McKeon Lawrence Brandenburg......AWESOME

I don't think its time to start calling for the Sears Trophy but we need to win the Big12....and there are far less questions than you think

We get better and the North get weaker.........order restored

I agree..........we need Game Breakers returning kicks and punts.......someone who's a threat to take it to the house everytime he touches it......Lucky isnt too bad when he's healthy. But I think we need someone even better!

Keller will be an upgrade...better size and arm strength

O-line....what can you say....Murtha, Slauson, and Co........I like this group..they are goin to be great

lots of work to do, but potential to play well is there.....question marks

Recievers.....Purify leads a group that will be deep and loaded with speed and good size

look, we just did not have ANY stand out receiver play this season, period. how much of that was due to Taylor and the offensive line not playing as well as they could have? we'll see what Keller can do...

RB's......with Jackson/Lucky we are stacked...good recruits comin in as well

Jackson is the man, Lucky is just slightly better than average at this point, goes down too easy, IMHO.

D-line.....Barfield, Suh, Townsend Steinkuhler and Turner easily gives us the best in Big12 North...nasty

THIS is the big question mark.....not enough experience carrying over..question mark

LB's......with Asante,Octavien, McKeon....look out...speed speed....Asante can play Small LB Safety deep group

part of the transistion on defense......we'll see

Secondary......Asante, Murillo Bowman, Grixby...speed and depth

Grixby, are you kiddin me?? if he starts we will be no better than we were this season..the kid plays with heart, but he got his lunch handed to him all season..here we better hope like hell we get immediate help!

I look at this team and I see the major upgrades everywhere from 3 years ago...this looks like the kind of talent we had with Osborne....the D-line will be fine and the Juco players coming in look to be instant help

Huskers will have no trouble getting back to the Big12 title game with this group.......

if we can get off early with wins over Nevada and Wake we can go into the SC game looking for that BIG WIN

I can't wait

Keller and the running backs are our only true know quantities.....receivers average at best, the rest is yet to be proven.......reality check, lots of new guys are going to have to step up........

Ok...well I don't look at Potter and Turner or SUH as new guys...and depth is not a problem so the D-line is settled

We agree on backs and QB

Wideouts......Purify catches every good pass he sees...and many of the other recievers do a decent job, but how many times have we seen Taylor get his guys killed with a pass behind a reciever over the middle or he tried to force a pass to a guy in double coverage....We will easily have the best recievers in the North and right up there with UT

O-line......I saw them handle every team we played this year......I think that they are as good as there will be in the big12 next year...Slauson/Murtha are goin to the NFL.......I blame the offensive flame outs on BC and taylor

Secondary.........Grixby is a player , Jones can play and Murrillo Asante Thenarse Culbert Ross and Bowman easily surpass anyone in the North and put them right on par with UT and OU

LB's.....Deep group...and very good...best set of LB's in the country..easy

Asante Octavien Dillard Lawrence Ruud McKeon Lawrence Brandenburg......AWESOME

I don't think its time to start calling for the Sears Trophy but we need to win the Big12....and there are far less questions than you think

We get better and the North get weaker.........order restored

One guy that could be a good punt/kick returner for us next year could be Marcus Mendoza who is one of our incoming recruits. Watch out for him.