Swapping Moose for Big Horn Sheep

Nicole

Link

They are taking moose from Utah and bringing them to Colorado...and then Utah will be getting big horn sheep. They are blindfolding them, and transferring them via helicopter.

I don't know about you guys but I don't think thats a good idea. I understand over-population, but it's got to be traumatic for the animals, not to mention if anything went wrong, not only could the animals life be in danger but so could the people behind this.

:dunno

i just don't like that idea of that.

Don't worry the hunters will take them out of the misery soon........... :lol:

That was good! Dont worry about the animals. They have been doing what your talking about for a long time. They have had to due to species being killed off before we knew any better. None of the mountain goats here in Colorado, besides those in Rocky Mountain National Park are from here. I believe most of them came from Idaho , and are thriving quite well. It doesnt hurt them. They are going from one , harsh mountain environment to another. They are quite resiliant animals.

We have a big bull moose that lives on the golf course down the street from me. He is a sight in the summer at 6:30 am in the mist. At first I thought I was seeing an elk , as they are everywhere around here , but then I saw the horns and the size of this thing! Bull elk are big , but they've got nothing on a moose! What an amazing animal! I saw his woman and his offspring crossing a river last summer as well , and that was pretty neat to see. If they need to bring moose back here to thrive , i'm all for it. Afterall , they used to be everywhere around here. Now I think we have around 1500 in the state , and a few of them are my neighbors. I'm sure my dog has been up close and personal with them before , but he wouldnt harrass the mother and the bull would never catch him. He's a herding dog. He tries herding everything! Wild animals , people , other dogs ....it doesnt matter. It's in his blood. Cracks me up sometimes. On say a 12 mile hike , I bet he easily covers 50 to 60 miles. His is constantly herding. If one party gets ahead of the other party , it drives him crazy! He will actually nip at your heels to get you to hurry up or slow down. Best dog I have ever had. He's scary smart. I've never seen anything like it. Everyone that meets him is blown away at the level of intellegence this dog has.

I'm sure my dog has been up close and personal with them before , but he wouldnt harrass the mother and the bull would never catch him. He's a herding dog. He tries herding everything! Wild animals , people , other dogs ....it doesnt matter. It's in his blood. Cracks me up sometimes. On say a 12 mile hike , I bet he easily covers 50 to 60 miles. His is constantly herding. If one party gets ahead of the other party , it drives him crazy! He will actually nip at your heels to get you to hurry up or slow down. Best dog I have ever had. He's scary smart. I've never seen anything like it. Everyone that meets him is blown away at the level of intellegence this dog has.

Better be careful, been many dogs up here stomped to their death by a moose.

• 1 year later...