I hope BC & Coz were watching

Speed Kills....Period..............Especially on Defense.

OSU defense looked a lot like the Huskers did on many occasions this season. OSU looked like a lumbering overweight highschool team, unable to get to the ball.

Florida's defense, on the other hand, was all over the field. Everywhere OSU looked, there was that Gator, chompin at their heels.

On the reverse side, the way Florida took advantage of the seams in the OSU zone defense was also very instructive for our offense. That was impressive play calling and execution. But, it was a lesson by exception for the defense. If you getting beat man to man, then your zone had better be real tight or you are going to get beat even worse. How many times did Florida convert on 3rd and long, over the middle. If BC is going to use the WCO, he ought to take some lessons from that aspect of the MNCG.

Does anyone know where we can find the speed stats for the team?

I am full of optimism for the 07 Huskers. I think they will step up a notch or 20. But, then again, I always feel that way about them Huksers.

Go Big Red! :bonez

I worked the whole damn time, but from what I hear Ohio State played right into Florida's game plan. Troy Smith passed alot on first down. The line couldn't block the over obvious "quicker" Defensive line of Florida. Too many holes in the zone. Sounded to me if like Ohio State would have done better to take coach Callahan's aproach to the game. Run, grind, run, pa pass.

Next year I hope to see a more vertical version of the W.C.O.the hieght of the recieving corps along with the overall upgrade in speed, and athletic ability will hopefully bring that to fruitation, but will they let the young guys play? Do you honestly think Paul will make any impact? Keller's improved arm strenghth is an improvement over Taylor's, but will he be the good Favre or the bad one, ints, etc? hummmm....

:bonez

Next year I hope to see a more vertical version of the W.C.O.the hieght of the recieving corps along with the overall upgrade in speed, and athletic ability will hopefully bring that to fruitation, but will they let the young guys play? Do you honestly think Paul will make any impact? Keller's improved arm strenghth is an improvement over Taylor's, but will he be the good Favre or the bad one, ints, etc? hummmm....

:bonez

One way Tressel did follow BC's example was to go for it on 4th down inside the 30 with only 4 minutes remaining. Didn't work out so well either. I thought that was a huge momentum shift in the game.

One way Tressel did follow BC's example was to go for it on 4th down inside the 30 with only 4 minutes remaining. Didn't work out so well either. I thought that was a huge momentum shift in the game.

Yes, and he then said that he thought his Defense could hold up?

And the play called, i.e. shuffle up the middle, was a pathetic as any I've seen BC call.

OSU never got out of the cover two, and Florida had a game plan to exploit it. Maybe the OSU DC should get fired.

I think Callahan knows speed kills on defense, he was in the NFL as HC of a team that went to the super bowl. What happened was the first couple classes he used to overhual the offense(he IS an offensive coach after all) and make due for acouple years with the defense we had.

Players like Thenarse and Culbert are fast, but needed experiance in the system, speed can not always compensate(Florida has SR DBs if memory serves) for lack of knowlege. ANd then take a look at what we have comming in for this recruiting class, speed will be upgraded.

This should turn up the heat on NU's coaching staff. Meyer is a great coach who has won everywhere he has been. It's only year two for him and he did it without his players. As terrible as the Big 12 is anything less than a Big 12 championship is a failure next year and changes need to be made.

Even with the upgrade in talent that NU now has, the team still is not much better than they were back in the days of Solich and in some areas they are worse. If Meyer can do it at 3 different schools with players that he did not recruit (this year in the best conference), there is no reason why we should lose more than 2 games next year and be playing in a BCS game. Maybe Callahan is our Ron Zook or John Blake.

The excuses are getting old we need results. If these simple goals cannot be met then Pederson and Callahan both should be shown the door.

This should turn up the heat on NU's coaching staff. Meyer is a great coach who has won everywhere he has been. It's only year two for him and he did it without his players. As terrible as the Big 12 is anything less than a Big 12 championship is a failure next year and changes need to be made.

Even with the upgrade in talent that NU now has, the team still is not much better than they were back in the days of Solich and in some areas they are worse. If Meyer can do it at 3 different schools with players that he did not recruit (this year in the best conference), there is no reason why we should lose more than 2 games next year and be playing in a BCS game. Maybe Callahan is our Ron Zook or John Blake.

The excuses are getting old we need results. If these simple goals cannot be met then Pederson and Callahan both should be shown the door.

Please, Don't even compare Meyer with BC. Ron Zook had a top 5 recruiting class almost every year he was there. That's what Meyer had to work with. BC had to work with a lot, lot less than Meyer. The two situations are not even comparable in any respect.

Please, Don't even compare Meyer with BC. Ron Zook had a top 5 recruiting class almost every year he was there. That's what Meyer had to work with. BC had to work with a lot, lot less than Meyer. The two situations are not even comparable in any respect.

Yes they are comparable. Certainly Zook brought in more talent then Frank did but Leak was not the qb to run Meyer's system. he tailored his system around the players he has. And Florida played 14 true freshmen this year. If NU's talent really had dropped off that much then Callahan's much more talented players would be making more of a contribution right now. I would bet everything I own that if Meyer was coaching NU, we wouldn't be 22-15 in his 3 years.