College Football Players Derseve to be Paid?

Some of you have said “what about the schools that can’t afford to pay the players a stipend?” TO FREAKING BAD! I hate parody anyway. I hate scholarship limits; I can’t stand the constant efforts by the powers that be, to make things "FAIR. :sarcasm "

What if Nebraska is one of those teams that cannot afford to pay the players enough to be a quality team every year? Does that change your stance on this any? NCAA might as well turn in to MLB if that is how they would run it. Notre Dame (Yankees) would always be at the top, then there would be USC, Florida State, Miami, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, and Nebraska, and then occassionlay we would have some smaller market team come in to play every three or four years.

Now, I would like to know where all this money that we are going to pay all of these little Terrell Owens' is going to be coming from?

So then should the volleyball players get paid?

Pro womens sand volleyball......... now that's just hot!

I'm done now. I'm going to pour myself a nice, big, tall glass of Captain and get drunk.

I would like to address four of your points:

If you read my post above you will see that I think they could raise ticket prices and, although some folks would bitch about it, all the games would still sell out. Seven home games this past season x 80,000 seats x $10 per seat = about $5.6 million extra bones. And I never even said to give them that much money. You could give every roster player $200 bucks a week more and it would only add up to about $1.5 million a year. Then you could even distribute stipends to the "money suck-hole" sports. You know - make things fair like everyone always wants.

Of course the women's volleyball team should get paid, have you seen how great their butts look in those tight little shorts!

I think it is called Women's Pro Beach Volleyball, but maybe I have already said too much about women's volleyball.

I think I'll join you in that glass of Captain, Salute!

I would like to address four of your points:

If you read my post above you will see that I think they could raise ticket prices and, although some folks would bitch about it, all the games would still sell out. Seven home games this past season x 80,000 seats x $10 per seat = about $5.6 million extra bones. And I never even said to give them that much money. You could give every roster player $200 bucks a week more and it would only add up to about $1.5 million a year. Then you could even distribute stipends to the "money suck-hole" sports. You know - make things fair like everyone always wants.

Of course the women's volleyball team should get paid, have you seen how great their butts look in those tight little shorts!

I think it is called Women's Pro Beach Volleyball, but maybe I have already said too much about women's volleyball.

I think I'll join you in that glass of Captain, Salute!

Yes raising the ticket prices helps but just like the city of Lincoln, you can only nickel and dime a person so much before they call you a communist.

I am not drunk posting (DP) yet...let's call this buzzed posting (BZ).

The Nebraska womens volleyball team don't look the greatest in the face (that's what I've been told) but I don't think I have ever seen any of their faces, the butts looks soooo good.

Thanks for the correction on the Pro Beach Volleyball.

Now, let's get to it....

:cheers

is leading to

:wasted

but it's all good :nanalama

Califronia, Bad Boy, BBBAAAAADDDD Boy!

My only coment on this is I do not have a clue.

The thing I always get from my pro football friends, is where does all the bling come from on top athletes. How do they move from the gheto and drive Escalades.

I never have an answer for that. I am not saying one way or another because I just do not have the knowledge on it.

I think if they want to work they should be allowed to, just as you or I could. Other than that, I am begging off on this.

Some of you have said “what about the schools that can’t afford to pay the players a stipend?” TO FREAKING BAD! I hate parody anyway. I hate scholarship limits; I can’t stand the constant efforts by the powers that be, to make things "FAIR. :sarcasm "

What if Nebraska is one of those teams that cannot afford to pay the players enough to be a quality team every year? Does that change your stance on this any? NCAA might as well turn in to MLB if that is how they would run it. Notre Dame (Yankees) would always be at the top, then there would be USC, Florida State, Miami, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, and Nebraska, and then occassionlay we would have some smaller market team come in to play every three or four years.

Yeah, not enough money to cary a huge amount of scholarship players...that's always been Nebraska's big problem. :sarcasm

All of the big programs have always been able to cary 100 or more scholarship players - Nebraska included - and as far as pay goes, like I said before, I'm not talking about making them millionares, I'm just talking about a stipend, it could be structured so that no team could pay more than any other. I hate the NCAA but they are not going away, so developing an equitable stipend plan is something they could do instead of the stupid crap they do now like telling the players they have to wear grey gloves or tuck in their jerseys, or changing the rules to make college football seem like pro football without the $$$.

PLENTY of deep pocket sources for the $$$

*TV networks clamoring over each other for the rights for televising the games.

*NFL could chip in to a general fund for the "free" farm system. (Mebbie even have the Agents make some contribution).

*How about letting the players sell 4-6 tickets per game again? (all sports) there's probably too much room for abuses there like a kajillion $$ from uncle Warren (Buffet) for your 30 yd line seats..But you could probably "appear" to set ceiling prices.

How about kids on Scholastic Scholarship?

I had a Cousin and an older Brother on Regent Scholarships, but don't know if they got a stipend or anything other than Tuition/Books.

There's sometimes a bidding war to attract those students as well. (As there should be).

A full ride is valuable in the right hands, but doesn't cost the University much.

It's fun (nieve) to think of these guys playing just for the love of the sport, but a lot of them see this as a stepping stone to the NFL or even for the free poontang, but there's somehow more honor in paying these players above the table.