Starting QB

travis

not once did i say that Swift or Petersen are on the same page as Steve Largent. nor did I say that the others were fast, lazy route runners.

i was just making a statement that i would rather have one over the other.

now in an ideal world, i would prefer to have a 6'4", 230 lb, 4.3 40, WR that has a 40" verticle, runs crisp, clean routes and can catch BB's at night

With all this talk about how good our offense is going to be I was thinking about something. I think it is clear that Callahan uses usc as a measuring stick to see where his offense is at, with good reason. With that said and with the players we have how good do you think the offense is going to be next year. Do you guys think that stars come into play here. We have very talented receivers I am not denying that at all. We have a lot of tall physical receivers. However, usc has patrick turner (five star, 6'5) Vidal Hazeleton (6'4, five star) and David Ausberry (6'5, four star) along with some other four stars mixed in there. Comparing that to our best receivers in my opinion we have Maurice Purify (6'4, four star) Menelik Holt (6'3, three star) Chris Brooks (6'2 four star) Will Henry (6'6, three star) Niles Paul (6'2 four star) I know this might ruffle some feathers but where does everyone think we are as an offense compared to the other powers of the nation?

give me a slower, shorter reciever with hands of glue that runs crisp routes over a fast, lazy route runner any day.

any body remember Steve Largent? not the fastest, nor the tallest, but ran great routes and caught almost everything that touched his hands. Where is he now???????????

NFL Hall of Fame

exactly

I couldnt agree more. I think they should pick the best four and play them the whole game except during blowouts obviously. In my opinion I think the top four will be Purify, Nunn, Holt, and Brooks. I know many people dont like Nunn and he does drop a lot of passes but I just dont see him not playing. He is a senior and has been seeing extensive playing time since his freshman year. One thing I dont understand was it was so important to get a speed receiver they could put in the slot for this years class. If it is so important then why wouldnt they utilize hardys speed more often. It is clear judging from the kansas game that he is a burner. Why dont they throw at least some of those bubble screens that usc runs to keep pressure of the qb? Just something that I dont understand.

Hardy is so thin, unless he gained some real stength and size in the off season, good dbs will continued to beat him up at the line of scrimmage, he just can't get off a physical block.

With all this talk about how good our offense is going to be I was thinking about something. I think it is clear that Callahan uses usc as a measuring stick to see where his offense is at, with good reason. With that said and with the players we have how good do you think the offense is going to be next year. Do you guys think that stars come into play here. We have very talented receivers I am not denying that at all. We have a lot of tall physical receivers. However, usc has patrick turner (five star, 6'5) Vidal Hazeleton (6'4, five star) and David Ausberry (6'5, four star) along with some other four stars mixed in there. Comparing that to our best receivers in my opinion we have Maurice Purify (6'4, four star) Menelik Holt (6'3, three star) Chris Brooks (6'2 four star) Will Henry (6'6, three star) Niles Paul (6'2 four star) I know this might ruffle some feathers but where does everyone think we are as an offense compared to the other powers of the nation?

sorry, none of our receivers have proven themselves yet, potential maybe, striking fear in the hearts of the opposing defense, not even close......yet. may change, but nothing left from last year to compare with anyone in the top 10 teams in the nation. keller is our only hope right now to make a bunch of average receivers look better than they really are.

Receivers tend to only be as good as the QB. Even Calvin Johnson at GT didnt have amazing numbers becuase of a bad QB. And for all Taylor did, he had some limitations. What we can see with Keller should be interesting.

We ahve some good possesion recievers right now, but not many game breakers. Hopefully someone, maybe Paul, will seperate himself from the pack as a game breaker. With how heavy the compitition is going to be, there should be great compitition for playing time.

My bold prediction bu first Husker Rob i apologize, i mistook your comparison.

now the BOLD PREDICTIONs.

1. By the end of the year we will be talked about as having one of the best receiving corps in the country. Why? Will Henry and Niles Paul. Henry is an unknown very comparable to Marcel of this class. He played for a smaller unsuccessful school and was overlooked. I will try and find some of the articles about him and put them on here. Articles where his coach compares him to several WR he has coached that have played D1 and his coach says Henry is the Best that Henry will be in the NFL. He will shine. Brooks and Paul will be factors. with Brooks we will finally have a big sure handed body to cross the middle whereas before it was nunn. Paul well he will be the smallest of the group but the fastest.

2. Because of the major WR upgrade coupled with the fact that our line will be twice as good, MARLON LUCKY, will become a household name for his football prowess.

A. This will also happen because of Keller a big armed QB that will stretch the field.

For the first time in years, no team will be able to scheme against just one aspect of our Offense. They will have to account for the running and the passing game.

Every loss last year was due in part to this; in the second halves, the defenses loaded the box and said if you want to beat us ur going to have to do it with an average QB and an Average receiving corp.

Try that this year, I DARE YOU, with an MUCH improved receiving corp, a back who will make us forget BJax, and a 1st rounder QB. If you try and scheme one aspect the other is gonna get you.

In closing, to me, it all still rests on the Defense and more importantly Coz. If he is ready to move out of the past and the big ten mentality and into the present, the time of smaller faster ball-hawking defenses WE CAN BE A NATIONAL FORCE THIS YEAR. If he wont change OUR FATE ISNT GONNA CHANGE.

GO BIG RED LOVE ALL OF YA

My bold prediction bu first Husker Rob i apologize, i mistook your comparison.

now the BOLD PREDICTIONs.

1. By the end of the year we will be talked about as having one of the best receiving corps in the country. Why? Will Henry and Niles Paul. Henry is an unknown very comparable to Marcel of this class. He played for a smaller unsuccessful school and was overlooked. I will try and find some of the articles about him and put them on here. Articles where his coach compares him to several WR he has coached that have played D1 and his coach says Henry is the Best that Henry will be in the NFL. He will shine. Brooks and Paul will be factors. with Brooks we will finally have a big sure handed body to cross the middle whereas before it was nunn. Paul well he will be the smallest of the group but the fastest.

2. Because of the major WR upgrade coupled with the fact that our line will be twice as good, MARLON LUCKY, will become a household name for his football prowess.

A. This will also happen because of Keller a big armed QB that will stretch the field.

For the first time in years, no team will be able to scheme against just one aspect of our Offense. They will have to account for the running and the passing game.

Every loss last year was due in part to this; in the second halves, the defenses loaded the box and said if you want to beat us ur going to have to do it with an average QB and an Average receiving corp.

Try that this year, I DARE YOU, with an MUCH improved receiving corp, a back who will make us forget BJax, and a 1st rounder QB. If you try and scheme one aspect the other is gonna get you.

In closing, to me, it all still rests on the Defense and more importantly Coz. If he is ready to move out of the past and the big ten mentality and into the present, the time of smaller faster ball-hawking defenses WE CAN BE A NATIONAL FORCE THIS YEAR. If he wont change OUR FATE ISNT GONNA CHANGE.

GO BIG RED LOVE ALL OF YA

in order for that to happen, Sam is going to have to be able to live up to the hype and the recievers are going to have to catch the ball when it is thrown to them.

i hope your predictions come true.

how awesome would it be to have a 3000 yard passer and a 1500 yard rusher?