Starting QB

Well guys I seem to look at things a little different than most of you.

I do not see Keller as the starter at this time. I do not even see him here next fall. This kid has problems and if he was at Oklahoma we would all be saying how he will not help them.

If he makes it to fall, then I will agree with you. He has the talent in spades compared to all the rest, but he has head and nose problems. The latter will get you ticket out of town very quickly I would guess. BC is a straight shooter I think. Mr. Keller is on a short leash.

I hope you guys are all spot on. But we are going to be in a world of hurt if he turns out to be the guy that Arizona State players voted out. I am very worried about him to say the least.

It will be Keller most likely unless he turns out to be a bum then Zac Lee because he is mobile.

I disagree. If Keller "bums out" I'd expect Ganz to be the next man in line. He knows the system inside and out, and if I recall correctly he is fairly mobile. I recall Solich recruiting him as more of a "passer that can run" rather than a "runner that could pass." Here's what I'd love to see, personally as far as starters for the years to come:

2007: Sam Keller

2008: Joe Ganz

2009: Zac Lee

2010: Zac Lee

2011: Patrick Witt

I really think Ganz deserves a shot in 2008, but I trust the coaches to play the best QB we have.

Rob,

It was a question of team ethics. The players felt he was way too much of a party animal and did not want him in a leadership position, at least that is what I have heard. When everyone on the team is against a certain player, IE Deangelo Evans, it is hard for the coach to over ride the situation no matter the talent.

I am not saying he does not have the talent. I just question his ability to change his actions. BC bought the story so I am hopeful he is correct. So far he has done a pretty good job on the salvation projects.

Rob,

It was a question of team ethics. The players felt he was way too much of a party animal and did not want him in a leadership position, at least that is what I have heard. When everyone on the team is against a certain player, IE Deangelo Evans, it is hard for the coach to over ride the situation no matter the talent.

I am not saying he does not have the talent. I just question his ability to change his actions. BC bought the story so I am hopeful he is correct. So far he has done a pretty good job on the salvation projects.

i think that attribute comes from working with the biggest misfits in the NFL, the Oakland Raiders.

Rob,

Skers.

Where are you getting this?

This is the 1st I've heard about a "nose problem", and the majority of ASU's players voted him team captain.

A scant few underclassmen supported Rudy allowing Koetter an "out" to support his stupid decision (reconsideration) to give the starting job to the whiny Sophmore (Who threatened to quit after hearing Keller was given the nod...ensuring 3 years of QB service rather than playing the SR for one).

The worst thing I've heard (out here next to Tempe) about Keller is his flubbing some Summer workout cards.

The bottom line is that any coach so indecisive as Koetter on an issue like this has no business leading a D1 football program. He picked the better player initially, then allowed himself to be held hostage by Carpenter's possible transfer and the opinions of other players. He did not deserve to be bailed out by Keller and neither did those players who took it upon themselves to moonlight as assistant coaches and give Koetter their opinion on the issue.

You may say Keller, took his ball and went home. I would suggest he decided to take his skills to a program where the head coach actually runs the football team and names a starter based on what he sees on the field, not what a group of 20 year-olds tell him he should have seen.

Don't everybody forget how accurate Joe Ganz is when he's thowing to a defensive end who is wide open... :hellloooo

Unless they start a couple of 300 pounders at receiver and run out of the field goal or punt formation regularly, I'm guessing Keller is the man.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but think that it took everything Ganz had to throw the ball that far. Don't get me wrong I loved that play it just seemed like it took a strange jumping throw to get it there.

:dunno:cheers

If we're forecasting this far out...When does Eric Crouch's daughter graduate from H.S.? We might be back to the option by then.

:wacko:

She would just quit and run home to mommy. <_<

Sam Keller is going to start from Day 1. There is no way he screws up bad enough to where he gets the boot. He has one year left and wants to go to the NFL and if he screws around that won't happen. It is his job to lose and I don't think he will lose it.

Call me crazy but I dont think (based on what weve heard about Lee and Witt) that Ganz will ever start. He deserves the chance but t this point we just havent scene enough of anyone to make predictions. I think the spring game will tell us some of what we will need to know about the QB situation.

On the lines of the spring game. Am I the only one that thinks its boring to have 1st team versus 2nd string? Just thought Id ask. I think it would be more interesting to have 1st offense face 1st defense, etc etc etc

I think based on the showing in the big XII championship game and the bowl game that while Keller may be the favorite pre-season BC will fill the position with the player that gives him the best chance to win. The offense did not develop that much after the 3rd game of the season and to win at the end of the year the team will need to continually improve through the season. BC knows how restless the fans are and he knows that he hasn't done anything to get him in the crosshairs for another head coaching job. BC's philosophy has been "just win" when it comes to personell. Keller will be no different. He's going hafta earn it if he wants to be the man on offense.

1. Keller is the starter next year.

2. Ganz will never start here unless injury depletion

3. If Keller gets hurt before next season Lee will start

4. If Keller gets hurt during the season and we are in the middle of a championship run Lee will come out of redshirt and start

5. Ganz starts only if we are struggling as a team and a championship is out of the question and Keller gets hurt