Keller On ESPN SportsCenter

I hope you mean that Lee will be the backup and Ganz will be third string. I dont think there is any way that Keller will get beat out. As far as defensive line I think we are perfectly fine. Turner is going into his third year and will be a force next year. Potter right now is unknow but has the tools to be very good. Throw in Townsend and Yancy at the end spots and we have two deep at each spot. That doesnt include that IMO Steinkuhler will be a DE next year as well. Suh, Johnson, Barfield, and Dixon will be the rotation on the interior with possibilities of Jensen, and Davis seeing some time as well. The secondary will be a strong point of our defense next year, the additions of Bowman and Asante are going to prove to be drastic. We have very solid depth at all positions and will allow us to use dime and nickel which we couldnt run last year, those are the situations where you let turner and possibly yancy to there thing. We lost only one linebacker from a unit that was pretty decent last year, throw in the possibility of one guy among Washington, Lawrence and Stafford in there and I think we have a damn good unit coming back. I am not sure why there is all the doubt about o-line. Huff did start for a big portion of the year, however down the stretch younger players showed their worth, and that wasnt even counting players like Barret, and Williams. Throw in Jones and possibly Burkes and that is still a good line. They made HUGE strides from 05-06 and there is no reason not to expect the same in 07. I dont even need to talk about the receiver or qb position. Running back is just fine, Lucky is fine and Glenn might even be able to take part in spring drills but if he cant he will definately be ready by fall. We really do have solid depth at every position finally and I agree that with some breaks and some strides by the team we could possibly play in the NC and should be the favorite to win the whole big 12.

I hope you mean that Lee will be the backup and Ganz will be third string. I dont think there is any way that Keller will get beat out. As far as defensive line I think we are perfectly fine. Turner is going into his third year and will be a force next year. Potter right now is unknow but has the tools to be very good. Throw in Townsend and Yancy at the end spots and we have two deep at each spot. That doesnt include that IMO Steinkuhler will be a DE next year as well. Suh, Johnson, Barfield, and Dixon will be the rotation on the interior with possibilities of Jensen, and Davis seeing some time as well. The secondary will be a strong point of our defense next year, the additions of Bowman and Asante are going to prove to be drastic. We have very solid depth at all positions and will allow us to use dime and nickel which we couldnt run last year, those are the situations where you let turner and possibly yancy to there thing. We lost only one linebacker from a unit that was pretty decent last year, throw in the possibility of one guy among Washington, Lawrence and Stafford in there and I think we have a damn good unit coming back. I am not sure why there is all the doubt about o-line. Huff did start for a big portion of the year, however down the stretch younger players showed their worth, and that wasnt even counting players like Barret, and Williams. Throw in Jones and possibly Burkes and that is still a good line. They made HUGE strides from 05-06 and there is no reason not to expect the same in 07. I dont even need to talk about the receiver or qb position. Running back is just fine, Lucky is fine and Glenn might even be able to take part in spring drills but if he cant he will definately be ready by fall. We really do have solid depth at every position finally and I agree that with some breaks and some strides by the team we could possibly play in the NC and should be the favorite to win the whole big 12.

yea of course i meant Lee as second string, I was adding on to my post before, I sure hope you are right

I watched the Colorado game a couple of times last month. I think Ty is underrated. Anyone who has the Colorado game on tape should watch it someytime, and see how many times you see him around the ball, or chasing down running backs in that game. The depth at DT will be excellent next year. Suh is going to be a monster!

The O-line should be solid for us. Even counting the two recent losses, we return 14 players who were on the team or scout team last year. Talk about competition.

I think we redshirt Lee and Witt, and use Ganz as the backup, unless Keller gets hurt. In which case all bets are off.

On the D-line, we have at least 4 solid guys there. Turner and Suh should be monsters. Stienkuler has looked read good in games. Potter is untested, but has done great on special teams, and we have been coaching up the d-line great in recent years. With the guys comming off the scout team and the new blood, we should have some good depth and rotation.

If our line backers can stay healthy they will be good. But for whatever reason they have been injury prone the last couple years.

The secondary cant be any worse. Getting bowman back is huge. Jones got better as the season went on. Asante should be a beast if he lives up to the hype, he likes to hit, which is a change if nothing else.

Reciever should be another huge competition possition. No one can count themselves safe here.

Lucky and Glenn should make a good thunder and lightning combo if they can stay healthy, if not we may need to tap Castile and Mendoza.

What we really needis for some vocal leaders to step up and make a difference. Can Keller be that man on offense? Will someone on defense step up and be a leader in the mold of Wistrom and Peters? That is what will make the biggest difference in my opinion.

I saw this as well and was somewhat shocked by it. Im an optimist and love optimism but it never seems to pan out when it comes to Nebraska football. We shall wait and see, may be having Sam under center will make a huge impact, from all that Ive heard he is night and day different from Zac when it comes to tossin the pig. I cant wait

What we really needis for some vocal leaders to step up and make a difference. Can Keller be that man on offense? Will someone on defense step up and be a leader in the mold of Wistrom and Peters? That is what will make the biggest difference in my opinion.

I think that Mckeon helped out D out a ton in 05 just by being a vocal leader. Always pumped on and off the field, first guy to be there to head butt the one who made the tackle.... I didn't see that from him as much in 06. I really think we need some of that back. I think that Thenarse and Culbert could become big leaders for our D once they start to play an integral part.

On offense, I think Keller will be a big leader. Keeping everyone fired up, He needs to be the one because he is the field general. Get his line pumped, Get his receivers pumped.... I think we will see a lot more fire on the field this year.... and perhaps on the sideline from Billy C....rather than watch him chew on his face when the team needs some emotional influence. I understand the idea of being the emotional rock, but cmon show some more passion during the game, it has an effect on the players....