Purify

My point is that those guys you mentioned have to PLAY their way onto the field. Once they do that, then that's cool. Last year, Holt dropped 2 easy passes that were thrown to him and Brooks sat because he wasn't ready. Once they are ready, then Peterson and Erickson won't be in there much, yes, but they have to work their way onto the field, not just be given PT because they can run faster and have better measurables.

I agree, and I am saying IMO they will play bc they will prove theyre better. Also I dont remember both passes that Holt dropped, but I do remember one of them. It was the one in the end zone, and it was by far not just a routine catch. Should he have caught it? Ya I think he should have, but its not like it was just a five yard out or something like that. Having better measurables does help though.

Are you saying that you dont think Menelik Holt, Will Henry, and Chris Brooks are more talented than Todd Peterson and Erickson? If you are then that is hilarious to me. No they havent proven very much, but they also havent played. Erickson is a 5'10 170 pound slow wide receiver. Damn that has me slobbering on myself. Todd Peterson isnt bad, however I think that any of the three above are faster and more athletic than him. You can think what you want, you can even laugh, you've made me laugh too, but I really dont think I am alone on this one.

Not saying that those guys are awesome, but come on. How do you know that they are better without ever seeing anything from these other guys? It's the same thinking that Octavien is by far the best linebacker and it's probably no coincidence that the 2 people that lead that parade are on board for this one as well. I'd agree that they are probably more athletic, but what good does it do if they can't beat out these slow, unathletic white guys? Grixby is probably the most athletic guy on the team and most on here want him benched because he is rarely in position to use his athleticism to make a play on the ball. I have no problem with Erickson coming in on run plays, because he usually puts a good block on his man. He must do it better than the other receivers if he gets the opportunity to go out there and do it in a game. Peterson catches almost everything thrown at him. Tight end may be a possibility for him, but who knows. I agree that the speed at receiver needs an upgrade, but Terrence Nunn is a prime example of speed vs. hands. Yeah, he gets open, but catches about 50% of the passes that come to him.

Back to Purify. He is another example of extraordinary athletic talent that didn't translate to much production till he learned the offense. Give it time, let those guys learn the offense, then work them in. If they are worth a darn, they will get their licks.

well said, playing time sould be earned by performance on the field, not be just "looking athletic, being fast or having the moves". sure hands, good routes and courage to go over the middle and make plays is what wins the jobs. we have a lot of guys that have a lot to prove. wayyyyyyy to early for us sideline coaches to be making accurate predictions.

My point is that those guys you mentioned have to PLAY their way onto the field. Once they do that, then that's cool. Last year, Holt dropped 2 easy passes that were thrown to him and Brooks sat because he wasn't ready. Once they are ready, then Peterson and Erickson won't be in there much, yes, but they have to work their way onto the field, not just be given PT because they can run faster and have better measurables.

exactly!

Ya I know, it sucks, 10 more days though and at least something will be here. I remember last year I was so pumped to at least look at the pics on the internet of the first practice. I hate this time of year. If it werent for the fourth of July I would wish for the year to consist of August to the second week or January. Ya got my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, x-mas, and new years, nfl football, and husker football, what else could I ask for?

Bill C has said he doesn't want to play them (Holt, Henry, etc.) because he wants to give them time to really develop. Nunn and Hardy didn't really have that and that's why they've gotten less productive. They were forced to go out their and be the guy right away without becoming sound in their fundementals, which is why they drop some easy passes (while at the same time making really good catches).

Also, Purify will be a monster next year. He didn't get to NU until right before the season, and already he lead the team in Receiving yards. Next year, with time to learn his route running better and develop more of a report with the QB, he will be unstoppable.

Is Purify's 40-yard time electronic? Wouldn't that make it about 4.35 to 4.4?

The big thing I noticed about the receivers last year seem to be the lack of physical strength (Maybe not Purify, but being out of shape perhaps affected his performance later in the season.) and failing to get off the line of scrimmage from physical DBs playing bump and run.

On another site they were saying dont be surprised for Holt to have a breakout spring. They said that he and Henry will be fighting for playing time, but mentioned nothing about Brooks, does that mean that he is already expected to play or that those other two are ahead of him as of now? Either way I would just like one of those guys to see more playing time next year if not two or all three. I just want to see what they can do.

The guy is just an all around athlete! It doesn't matter what the sport is. He was one hell of a basketball player for his JUCO, along with football. But that's not all the guy can do...he bowled a 300 last month! How insane is that? There are people that try to do that for years and years, but never do. He starts bowling and a month later he shoots a 300.

I digress...my point is, he is an amazing athlete! And we will need him to keep improving this season in order to get to where we want to go...

ALL THE WAY!!!