O-Line 2 deep??

Well Hunter, I think if you looked at the evidence, it might change your mind. As far as getting true freshman o lineman on the field, that doesnt really happen anywhere, and it has nothing to do with the complexity of any offense, it has to do with the fact that lifting in your high schools weight room during the off season and when you arent on break, four times a week, cant prepare anyone to play with guys who work out everyday, with professional supervision, eat the right diet, and have access to better eqipment. If you look at redshirt freshman, we actually do play quite a few of them. Murtha, Patrick, Slauson, Hickman all saw significant playing time as r freshman. I am actually looking forward to when we have three or four seniors on the line for once, instead of one senior, one sophomore, and three freshman.

Well Hunter, I think if you looked at the evidence, it might change your mind. As far as getting true freshman o lineman on the field, that doesnt really happen anywhere, and it has nothing to do with the complexity of any offense, it has to do with the fact that lifting in your high schools weight room during the off season and when you are on break, four times a week, cant prepare anyone to play with guys who work out everyday, with professional supervision, eat the right diet, and have access to better eqipment. If you look at redshirt freshman, we actually do play quite a few of them. Murtha, Patrick, Slauson, Hickman all saw significant playing time as r freshman. I am actually looking forward to when we have three or four seniors on the line for once, instead of one senior, one sophomore, and three freshman.

true, freshmen linemen do need physical development, i guess my real point is how much damn switching of positions can we do before it has a negative impact on the development of the players? good effects, sure knowing more than one position helps in time of injury and to keep the best athlete on the field, but this never ending experiment of moving guys around, even from the offensive side to the defensive side of the ball, just seems to shout confusion in a loud voice. i can't remember any former coach here at NU that played more choruses of "musical chairs" than Cally. it seems futile and makes little sense, as if he doesn't really know where to play his guys??

Well Hunter, I think if you looked at the evidence, it might change your mind. As far as getting true freshman o lineman on the field, that doesnt really happen anywhere, and it has nothing to do with the complexity of any offense, it has to do with the fact that lifting in your high schools weight room during the off season and when you are on break, four times a week, cant prepare anyone to play with guys who work out everyday, with professional supervision, eat the right diet, and have access to better eqipment. If you look at redshirt freshman, we actually do play quite a few of them. Murtha, Patrick, Slauson, Hickman all saw significant playing time as r freshman. I am actually looking forward to when we have three or four seniors on the line for once, instead of one senior, one sophomore, and three freshman.

true, freshmen linemen do need physical development, i guess my real point is how much damn switching of positions can we do before it has a negative impact on the development of the players? good effects, sure knowing more than one position helps in time of injury and to keep the best athlete on the field, but this never ending experiment of moving guys around, even from the offensive side to the defensive side of the ball, just seems to shout confusion in a loud voice. i can't remember any former coach here at NU that played more choruses of "musical chairs" than Cally. it seems futile and makes little sense, as if he doesn't really know where to play his guys??

i've gotten similar feeling of deck chairs on the titanic on this as well. i gave the benefit of the doubt over to lack of depth. Was hoping to see it settle down more this year... but then we lost Huff and Patrick :(