2007 Depth Chart

- Players in italics are unavailable for spring practice, whether it be because of injury, or because they haven't enrolled yet.

- Players marked with a (W) are walkons or former walkons.

- Let me know of any inaccuracies and I will be sure to change them.

2007 Depth Chart

QB

Sam Keller

Joe Ganz

Zach Lee

Patrick Witt

Beau Davis

RB

Marlon Lucky

Cody Glenn (day to day)

Kenny Wilson

Marcus Mendoza

Major Culbert

Quentin Castille

Roy Helu

Matt May (W)

Lance Thorell (W)

H-Back

J.B. Phillips

Matt Senske (W)

Thomas Lawson (W)

Paul Farino (W)

Justin Makovicka (W)

Colton Koehler (W)

Kevin Thompsen (W)

Mike Hays (W)

WR

Maurice Purify

Terrence Nunn

Nate Swift

Frantz Hardy

Menelik Holt

Will Henry

Todd Peterson (W)

Niles Paul

Chris Brooks

Dan Erickson (W)

Wes Cammack (W)

Prince Amukamara

Eric Hagg

Curenski Gilleylen

Patrick Kitzul (W)

Xavier Rucker (W)

Keith Graham (W)

Matt Donahue (W)

Ben Lester (W)

TE

Josh Mueller

Hunter Teafatiller (W)

Mike McNeil

Sean Hill (W)

Dreu Young (W)

Andy Sand (W)

Ben Tasa (W)

Dan Glassman (W)

Ryan Hill

LT

Carl Nicks

Mike Smith

Jacob Hickman

Victory Haines

Marcel Jones

Aaron Schulte (W)

Mike Masin (W)

LG

Andy Christensen

Jacob Hickman

Cruz Barrett

Jordan Picou

Cory Iske (W)

C

Brett Byford

Victory Haines

Andy Christensen

Mike Caputo (W)

RG

Matt Slauson

Mike Huff

Keith Williams

Jacob Hickman

Jaivorio Burkes

Dennis Bergland (W)

RT

Lydon Murtha

Matt Slauson

D.J. Jones

Victory Haines

Base End

Zach Potter

Ty Steinkuhler

Joseph Townsend

Pierre Allen

Kevin Luhrs (W)

Jared Crick

Andy Poulosky (W)

NT

Brandon Johnson

Shukree Barfield

Craig Roark

Demetrious Davis

Taylor Escamilla (W)

DT

Ndamukong Suh

Ty Steinkuhler

Kevin Dixon

Seth Jensen

Ben Martin

Terrence Moore

Zach Jepson (W)

Ben Franzluebbers (W)

Open End

Barry Turner

Clayton Sievers

David Harvey

Will Yancy

Thomas Rice (W)

Tony Sullivan (W)

Luke Lingenfelter (W)

SAM

Bo Ruud

Lance Brandenburgh

Kyle Moore (W)

Austin Stafford

Tyler Wortman (W)

Andy McNeil (W)

MIKE

Corey McKeon

Phillip Dillard

Nick Covey

WILL

Steve Octavien

Lance Brandenburgh

Major Culbert

Blake Lawrence

Thomas Grove(W)

Jeff Hayre (W)

SCB

Zack Bowman

Andre Jones

WCB

Armando Murillo

Cortney Grixby (Nickel)

Titus Brothers

Corey Young

Shawn Sullivan

Anthony Blue

Ryan Ford (W)

Matt O’Hanlon (W)

FS

Tierre Green

Brian Wilson

Titus Brothers

Anthony West

Adam Watson (W)

Austin Cassidy (W)

Matt May (W)

Lance Thorell (W)

SS

Larry Asante

Rickey Thenarse

Major Culbert

Ben Eisenhart (W)

LaTravis Washington

K

Alex Henery (W)

Adi Kunalic

Daniel Lee (W)

Jake Wesch (W)

Zach Egger (W)

P

Dan Titchener (W)

Michael Such (W)

Tyler Kester (W)

LS

T.J. O’Leary (W)

Nate McBride (W)

Brian Benzel (W)

Robbie McEwen (W)

Justin Baumgartner (W)

Mike Caputo (W)

Is this supposed to be the final depth chart, or is this just your opinion. It seems like you have Culbert playing every position on the team except for o-line. Also IMO I just cant see Brooks being the 9th receiver. Also where did Andy Kadavy come from? I have heard nothing about this kid besides last year when they talked about how is blind in one eye. IMO opinion I think they will move either Lawrence or Stafford into the number two spot here in the fall, maybe even Washington. Also IMO I really dont think Titus Brothers will be third string, they pulled im last year and tried a converted receiver and a true freshman instead of him. Unless he improved 100% he wont play. I would much rather build for the future and put West in behind Green.

Major Culbert is a defensive player that is only playing running back this spring in case we get into a pinch and we need someone at running back. The idea is that we could put him in at running back because he will have gotten some reps and know the offense. Come fall training camp, he should be put back on defense. There is speculation as to where he's going to be on defense, LB or Safety, hence why he's at both spots.

As far as the 2nd string SAM backer, it's kinda hairy there. Recently the LJS said that "Ruud will replace departed senior Stewart Bradley, leaving seniors Steve Octavien and Lance Brandenburgh to battle for the starting job at the weakside position." So I suppose that Brandenburgh is no longer on that SAM side. So, who's going to be the backup? It's a little tough to pick. I made the prediction that Kadavy will be the 2 guy. He's been here for what seems like forever, and it's kind of by default. Who else are you going to put there? True freshman or a walkon redshirt freshman? I suspect that if we really got in a pinch we'd probably put Brandenburgh back over there, but who's to say.

Titus Brothers: Generally true freshman corners have a tough time adjusting to the speed of Bowl division calibre speed. Thenarse gave an interview during the bowl practices last year where he said his technique was improving, but he was just getting beat. Ralph Brown, Fabian Washington and Cortney Grixby all got picked on and burned their freshman years. Generally I don't expect freshman to come in and make an impact, if it happens, it's a bonus.

Don't agree with Grixby being #2 behind Murillo with Murillo never having played a snap of D-1 football. When was the fullback eliminated? Don't agree with Peterson being listed lower on the depth chart than guys that have never played. Witt is not going to be ahead of Beau Davis on the depth chart. Not sure about Brandon Johnson starting over Steinkuhler either.

I agree with you about Murillo, maybe he will prove that he is a better corner throughout the season, but he doesnt even know the defense yet and like it was said before he hasnt even played a down of D1 football. I do think that Johnson will start ahead of Steinkhuler. If he doesnt start they will at least split the reps down the middle IMO. I sure hope that Pederson is farther down on the depth chart than that by the first game. I just would rather have some of the younger more athletic guys in there. Not saying that I want them in there without them showing that they deserve to be, I am saying that I hope they show they can and move up the depth chart, which I think they will.

I am not saying that he is some all-american corner, but why werent you guys talking about him like this his freshman and sophmore seasons? Because he did pretty well, not good enough to earn any honors or be the number one guy, but he didnt have to. His freshman year I believe he had Josh Bullocks, Daniel Bullocks, and and Fabian Washington. His second year he still had Daniel Bullocks, Zach Bowman and a decent player in Tietke. He had better talent around him which meant that he didnt have to do everything perfect. He had one of the Bullocks to back him up. Last year he had SHANLE and an inexperienced safety in Green. Shanle doesnt even do his job let alone pick up the slack for anyone else. Jones got beat plenty of times last year and still all I hear is Grixby sucks. I actually dont think either one of them suck, and you all will see what a difference it will make to have a true number one shut down corner and some more experience and athleticism at safety. I know we had shanle last year, and I dont know if the talent level can get much higher than that but we can hope.