Husker Football Radio

new husker show to air tonight on 1620, The Husker Power Hour, can't remember who is going to be on it but they were former players

Matt Hotchkinson (sp?) and Joel Mackovicka. I didn't hear it, but guessing it was average at best? I'm guessing this replaced the show that was hosted by Aaron Taylor last year. He was horrible as a talk radio host...Hotchkinson was his co-host towards the end of the season....at least sounded a little more comfortable on the mic and had somewhat of a personality.

and if you go 2 miles west of omaha, you dont get 1620.

One of my good friends lives in Lincoln and I got him hooked on Unsportsmanlike Conduct (1620) almost every day. He said it gets staticky here and there, but it comes in for the most part. Hell, I get staticky sections in different parts of Omaha. Also, I believe after 5-6 pm, the station 'powers down' their signal...I may be completely off my rocker, but thought I heard that. Evidently the ESPN Radio affiliate in Lincoln, the local sports show in particular, sucks.

The station, probably at times, is a little overly Husker-football based, but let's face it....it appeals to the majority of listeners in their broadcast range.

Yes, you are correct. All AM stations have to power down at sunset, otherwise, their signal would bounce to Russia. They also "aim" their signal in one direction. That's why you can get KFAB in Scottsbluff at night...the signal is pointed that direction, and it bounces because of the atmospheric conditions at night.

Some stations have more power than others as well. That's why you can hardly get KLIN at outside of Lincoln at any time, but can get KFOR further out. It depends on what the Federal Communications Commission says they can do on their original license.

not just in the fall they mention husker football at least once a day, I also listen to them, I like them a lot. 1620 is the ESPN station in Omaha, that is the only sports talk radio station I listen to. All of the husker game baseball, football, and basketball are all on 1110 am, It is pennicle sport network for the games, but it is a news station other wise. Other sports station that I don't listen to very often but 1490 is decent.

Haha, you must not listen to 1490 very often, because they moved it to 590 2 years ago.

Anyway, I agree with most of the sentiments in this thread. Matt Perrault is a complete dumbazz, Unsportsmanlike Conduct on 1620 is far better. One thing though, I've noticed some car radios stop at 1610 AM and can't tune it in.

Don't waste your time with Sports Nightly on 1110, that's just a bunch of propaganda from the UNL athletic department.