While browsing the headlines on journalstar.com on my cell...

It sounds like my girlfriend has been writing into the paper for relationship advice...

http://www.journalstar.com/blog/catty_girls.php

Catty Girls Advise

Dear Catty Girls,

I just started dating a guy who is waaay into Husker sports. I’m not at all. I really like him, and I’m trying to act interested, but I also don’t want to pretend to be something I’m not. From what I know, he’s always dated girls who were also very into Husker sports. Is this relationship doomed?

Cara: Most likely, this relationship is not doomed. But be advised: If this relationship become serious, it may be filled with cold Saturdays at Husker games, vacations planned around Husker games, and, if you two decide to get married and have a fall or winter wedding, possibly a television broadcasting the Husker game at the reception.

If you find any of these things unbearable to even think about, then perhaps you should look for a boyfriend who is not obsessed with sports. But if you don’t mind those ideas, or think you could develop a genuine affection for the Huskers, or would be OK just hanging out with other non-fans on football Saturdays, then you can make this work.

Brigitte: I think you can make this work, too. But don’t go trying to live up to some big “Husker fan” image by pretending you’ve always been that way. Let him know that you haven’t been very involved in the whole Husker scene in the past, but you’re up for getting more involved, with him.

Also, don’t worry if his ex-girlfriends have all been Husker fanatics. Comparing yourself to a relationship that didn’t work out will get you nowhere. In fact, he might really appreciate being the indisputable Husker expert in your relationship.

Cara: And remember that sports, even Husker sports, aren’t really that big of a deal. Do you expect your boyfriend to share your deep, deep love for “Sex and the City”? Of course not. Therefore, you don’t need to develop a deep, deep love for the Huskers; you just need to be supportive of his obsession. Bonus: It’s easy to buy presents for guys who are big sports fans.

Brigitte: Good point. Too many people feel that having differences means incompatibility, which isn’t true at all. You may find yourself falling in love with the Huskers as you fall in love with your guy as sort of a package deal, or you may not. There were obviously reasons other than the love of Huskers that brought the two of you together in the first place, so concentrate on those things and the rest will work itself out.

But of course I'd know better than to have my wedding on a Saturday during fooball season

Cara: And remember that sports, even Husker sports, aren’t really that big of a deal.

:blink::angry::steam:boxosoap

oh, yes, it's a very big deal........

they clearly dont know anything.

Will you marry me? :hmmph:)

Awww beat me to it! :lol:

The weird part... the Journal Star is Lincoln's paper, have these 'catty girls' been living in a cave with no outside world contact?

THEY LIVE IN LINCOLN?!!? :wtf

k seriously I'm freakin shocked. They must not be human, or have a heart...or a brain..or spine.

seriously that kinda made me mad. haha

Wait to purpose til I get to the midwest. It'll be easier that way :P

THEY LIVE IN LINCOLN?!!? :wtf

k seriously I'm freakin shocked. They must not be human, or have a heart...or a brain..or spine.

seriously that kinda made me mad. haha

Wait to purpose til I get to the midwest. It'll be easier that way :P

You have to give one of as an answer! We will be at the airport waiting! :angry::hmmph:lol:

haha fine!

I'll be in denver in the afternoon of friday april 6th! first one there wins!

then in august im driving so if the airport fails...first one to my dorm in abel hall wins!

:lol:

They may frown on a 35 year old waiting in the dorm rooms for someone. I concede defeat to the younger suitor.