Beck's Spring Game at NCSU

Chuckd.......... I understand your point.....but as a coach, I try to protect my obvious starters (must have guys)....ie.....qb's wearing green jerseys........ IMO, after the offense has 8 series in the 1st half alone, and another 4 in the 3rd period..... I think that they have had enough PRACTICE for one session.....

If you have watched many football practices, most are "controlled"....meaning that quick whistles, no cut/chop blocks..... in a game such as the spring game, late (4th qtr).... especially after only 15 practices, guys start getting a little tired....sloppy..... and add in the fact that the young guys are still playing for their 15 seconds of fame..... the RISK of injury increases dramatically........so yes, as a coach, late in a spring PRACTICE, I make sure that my ONLY RB is safe......

Yes injuries happen at any point (moving tv's :) )....... and yes, I expect all of my players to practice a FULL practice at the intensity determined for the practices, but in this situation, I will gaurantee you that if BC would of had a "full stable" of running backs, Lucky would not have seen the field in the 4th...... so my idea , as stated above has not changed as far as using the 4th period for young backups....especially if you go 1's vs 1's in the 3rd....

That's all well and good, and you make some good points. However, the fact is if Lucky had not been injured NOBODY would be complaining about he or any other starter being in the 4th quarter. That's what makes the spring game different than a real game. If any starter was in a game late in the 4th when we are up 38-0, I would go ape sh**. But the reality is, nobody would even be bringing up the fact that Marlon got a carry in the 4th if it weren't for him being hurt. It's easy to say (and justify) after the fact that it was wrong, but in reality it was just an unfortunate event, rather than a stupid decision on the coaches (Watson) part.

I agree...... I wasn't trying to pin blame on any of the coaches that Lucky got hurt..... I was just suggesting a different way to run the scrimmage that would allow the top untis a chance to work together, and a chance for the 1's to play the 1's and trying to get the main guys rest at the end of the game....... It was not a "bad" decision by the coaches to leave Lucky in....they really had no options, and it was NO ONES fault that the injury occured......

good points, and debate :)

:restore

Ummm ... YIKES!

7-26, 116 yards, 1 INT

That was Beck's stat line from his spring game. His INT was returned 100 yards for a score as well.

Just judging by the stats, Beck performed the worst of the 3 QB's vying for the starting gig.

Momma Beck, you were saying ...?

It appears he may have taken a step back...possible the coaching?!!?

Ummm ... YIKES!

7-26, 116 yards, 1 INT

That was Beck's stat line from his spring game. His INT was returned 100 yards for a score as well.

Just judging by the stats, Beck performed the worst of the 3 QB's vying for the starting gig.

I don't know if he has taken a step back, but he definately hasn't taken a step forward. What were his stats here, 1-10 with 1 int. I just don't think he has ever been impressive.

Ummm ... YIKES!

7-26, 116 yards, 1 INT

I don't know if he has taken a step back, but he definately hasn't taken a step forward. What were his stats here, 1-10 with 1 int. I just don't think he has ever been impressive.

Hey we dont know anything. I mean he may be shaping up to be an outstanding Scout team QB. He just can't really perform in a game of any type.